glock?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default glock?

i am really new here 20 posts but have been doing alot of reading. i have talked to 10 people and out of 10, 6 people were having trouble with there glocks. 4 people had awsome luck. the people i was having troble had 9mm(not sure the model) but there were having jamming issues and to me thats VERY unsafe in the gun world. that being said are glocks really that bad of a gun. i think that they are good and have a repuatable name however i dont want a pistol that i have to worry about killing someone nor myself when i pull the trigger. i also understad that there are big debats on here so please kepp them out of the thread, thanks. im just trying to out weigh the bad and good.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Well I own several Glocks and have NEVER had a misfire in any of them through thousands of rounds. Nor do I personally know anyone that has. You wont kill anyone unless you are pointing the weapon at them either. As far as people you talk to- As a rule of thumb if the person owns and prefers a 1911 over a Glock I no longer take their advice on their "experiences" with Glocks because they are biased against them and always try to plug why the 1911 is the "only" reliable weapon. Same thing goes in reverse though also. For some reason there is a huge pissing contest between new school and old school when the truth is they are both very reliable if they are maintained and in competent hands... my .02

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Similar here to Dizzll. I have my second Glock now. My first was a G17 that I sold. It was a reliable shooter. My second and current Glock is my G19. It shoots as well as I remember my 17 shooting but it is smaller. I happen to have the RTF2, which is no longer being offered to civillians so I will keep it as a sort of "look what I have for target shooting" peice. It has it's purpose in my arsenal in that regard and as one of many home protection weapons. I also have had 2 1911's. The first may not count since it was highly modified into a subcompact POS by Kimber. It was not even close to reliable so I got rid of it and now have the full size 1911. Tight 1911's are finicky and require break in out of the box vs. a sloppy one that is happy to feed. Glocks shoot reliably out of the box or worn in. I love to take my SA Stainless loaded 1911 to the range and run rounds through it but I wouldn't go to that platform if I were a peace officer. I would stick with the Glocks. Probably go with the G22 .40 cal. and hi-cap mags in that case. Both of my Glocks have been 9mm. I have never had a problem with them. Neither platform is my CCW. The cool thing about the 19 is it's size with the fact that you load up two magazines and you have over 1/2 a box of ammo loaded up! (Unless you live in Communifornia). It seems like I am shooting forever when I run through a 15 round clip. I have a Walther PPS that plays the role of CCW. Not because any of my other guns; including the Glock, are less reliable. The Glock may actually be MORE reliable but the PPS just fits my hand better so I am more accurate with it is all. I have put enough rounds through either to know that they won't jam. If it were pure no-frills reliability that EVERYONE was drawn too, we'd all still be carrying revolvers and speed loaders.

Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a few seconds. Light him on FIRE and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Old 12-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #4

It's pretty simple really. If you love 1911's, you probably won't like a glock.

As far as jamming, if they jam using good quality,not premium, ammo they're defective. An new one might jam once during the first magazine. If it jams again, leave the jammed shell in place, remove the mag, and return it to the dealer. It'll be fixed at no charge by the factory. That's happened to me only once and i've owned several.

If you feel it's not safe to leave the jam in place, TAKE PHOTOS! No I'm not a salesman.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #5

Default Glock

following along Glocks for a number of years; without issues!

will a firearm jam; yep; will it continually; nope That is what garbage cans are made for.
Will I waste time with a ''word war'' from non Glock owners or otherwise
nope

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Unless the firearm is extremely dirty or your using some real crap ammo most of the jambs are caused by operator error, limp wrists.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #7

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I will say you are getting some bad info, perhaps.

I've been using Glocks for 24 years and have never had a malfunction. I own many Glocks and they all deliver, every time.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I always thought that most people think of Glocks as being the most reliable as far as semi-automatics go.

I've owned 4 so far and have never had an issue with any of them.

I'm actually looking forward to replacing my 23 and 27 with the new generation 4 versions.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 AM   #9

20 plus years shooting Glocks in competition and carrying them on duty. Over 400,000 rounds through them and only ONE malfunction and that was a magazine issue.

Only gun I will load and carry and trust my life to without breaking it in.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #10

I will admit that I own a 1911, but no Glocks. I do know people who own Glocks, and have talked to officers who carry them. The only complaints I have ever heard are about the trigger, nothing to do with function/malfunction. They aren't my style, but Glocks are known to be some of the most reliable handguns made.

"In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real."- NY Times.