Glock 34
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock 34

Recently purchased the glock 17 through my GSSF membership for competition and after shooting it a few times I am not keen on the trigger or grips. Considering selling it and getting a gen 3 34. Thoughts from you guys?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Is your 17 a gen 4? I have the 34 gen 3 and the main differences between it and the 17 gen 3 are Barrel and slide length, connector is 4.5 lb, adjustable rear sight, extended mag and slide release. I do not have a gen 4 in my collection to compare the feel to. where I see the main difference in shooting the 34 over the standard full size models is from 40 ft and out. With the longer sight picture with the extended barrel my groups are tighter.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You can only purchase once a year through GSSF.

the grip is what it is. What don't you like? Most people don't like the grip angle, which I find to be perfect. If its the texture, you can get the grip tape panels.

The trigger can be easily refined with the glockworx connector and comp spring kit.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
You can only purchase once a year through GSSF.

the grip is what it is. What don't you like? Most people don't like the grip angle, which I find to be perfect. If its the texture, you can get the grip tape panels.

The trigger can be easily refined with the glockworx connector and comp spring kit.
I dislike the texture of the grip. I am getting used to the trigger. I have a lifetime membership for GSSF and they told me if I want my next year's certificate before my anny date just to ask. I just dunno what I am gonna do. Maybe do a new trigger and get one of those home install race kits and new grips.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #5

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Glockworx is your friend.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #6

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

+1 on glockworkx zev trigger.

goto Glocktalk.com and do some reading, there's lots of threads on how to get your Glock race ready with a minimal amount of money spent.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

If you got it with your GSSF membership, it must be a Gen 3 with the RTF grip.

A suggestion is to add Talon Grips (preformed grip decal) and change the trigger connector to the 4.5lb connector which is in the 34. I did both of these to my 22 and it made all the difference in the world.

27 Words keep us "free"