Glock 30sf Not Chambering
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 30sf Not Chambering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 30sf Not Chambering

I have a new 30sf. So far I have only put about 100 rounds through it. I have noticed that after about the 3rd or 4th round doesn't chamber, and hangs in the ejection port. After I take out the round the gun fires the remaining rounds OK. I am using Federal AE45A2 230g FMJ. I haven't tried any other brands yet. Could this be a problem with the gun or ammo. I told this story to a authorized glock dealer, and his advice was to send the pistol back to glock. He also told me that there have been problems with the 30sf, and that he felt sorry I bought a glock. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, Welcome to the FTF Community.

Might suggest you stop by the introduction section and let the guys know who and what you are about.

With one time of ammo, and presumably only one magazine tried, that is not easy to diagnose over the Interwebz.

First, I would check the feed ramp with a cotton ball. Does it snag or hang when you rub the cotton ball across the feed ramp?

Second, I would recommend trying some different ammo and perhaps an additional magazine or three to see if the problem persists...

I wouldn't accept that from a brand new pistol though. If you can't get it to work, ship it back and get something else.

JD

Old 11-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #3

That sucks you are having problems! I would second Dillinger in saying try another mag with diffrent ammo. Glock will fix it though. They are a great company that makes very good firearms. Glocks are known to be one of the most reliable handguns on the market. If the one you got is having problems, then Glock will make it right. Good luck to you.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #4

Liked 1437 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

First, go over to the Introductions section and let us know a little about you.

Until then I'll hold off on any glock jokes.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello