Glock 30s- Any tips? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 30s- Any tips?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,318
Liked 2292 Times on 1603 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
I guess our definition of normal is slightly different.
I was referring to the normal vs not normal operation of the Glock pistol. All within the context. Making an error is one thing, spinning it around on a false premise of "preventing tragedy" is another. You can do better than that.
__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 356
Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
I was referring to the normal vs not normal operation of the Glock pistol. All within the context. Making an error is one thing, spinning it around on a false premise of "preventing tragedy" is another. You can do better than that.
The slide jarring off upon insertion of another magazine ("popping," "slamming," etc.) is not normal no matter what you say. I stand by my first advice and it is not an error. Anytime a gun does something different, uncommon, unique, not what it normally does, etc., it needs to be checked to make sure it is still within its working parameters. If it is OK'ed, then, by all means, call it "normal" for that gun. However, for Glocks, I would advise at least having it field inspected just to make sure. It costs nothing and could uncover problems as I stated before. I did not "spin" anything, just mentioned a possible scenario where jarring off could combine with other unseen problems to produce an AD. Erring on the side of safety is not a "mistake." As for knowing normal vs. not normal Glock functioning, I believe I'm entirely capable of discerning the difference.
__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,318
Liked 2292 Times on 1603 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Default

Rukh.

Here is the OP:

Quote:
popping in a new full slide does NOT close slide as it does on my 21.

is this right? normal?
Here is your answer:
Quote:
Even though this happens on a lot of Glocks, it is NOT normal
You wrote that not closing the slide is not normal.

Now you are saying that closing the slide is not normal. Which is the exact opposite of your original post.

That's simply dishonest.
__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"

Last edited by Mercator; 03-18-2014 at 01:35 AM.
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 356
Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Rukh.

Here is the OP: Here is your answer: You wrote that not closing the slide is not normal.

Now you are saying that closing the slide is not normal. Which is the exact opposite of your original post.

That's simply dishonest.
You're twisting meanings from several quotes. So who's spinning now? Grasping at straws. Baiting is beneath you from what I've seen since I've been here. You can do better.
__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,318
Liked 2292 Times on 1603 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Default

The slide is locked back on empty. You insert a loaded magazine. The slide stays locked back, until released manually.

Normal operation or not?

__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:45 PM   #26
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
G30USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 8,141
Liked 1241 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
OK. The slide is locked back on empty. You insert a loaded magazine. The slide stays locked back, until released manually.

Normal operation or not?

Yes normal operation
__________________
G30USMC is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,318
Liked 2292 Times on 1603 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Default

Thank you. You believe us Rukh?

__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 356
Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Thank you. You believe us Rukh?
That's what I've maintained all along. Glad you agree!
__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,318
Liked 2292 Times on 1603 Posts
Likes Given: 1190

Default

Here is the OP.

Quote:
popping in a new full slide does NOT close slide as it does on my 21.
is this right? normal?
Here is your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh
Even though this happens on a lot of Glocks, it is NOT normal.
Which of course is false. Now you insist that you said the opposite. You cannot expect to be taken seriously after this.
__________________
"You can't reason with a flying crowbar"

Last edited by Mercator; 03-19-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Size
Mercator is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
therukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 356
Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default

phillip 69 said that the slide on his G21 jars off. You said that's normal and explained how that happens as the parts polish. I said it's not normal and have said the same thing in the rest of my posts. So, here we are. My message has been the same throughout. I do have some more tips for phillip 69, but I'll share them via PM. I'm done with this.

__________________

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

therukh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Any tips amorris11 General Handgun Discussion 11 09-14-2013 07:10 PM
tips 00possum Hunting Forum 2 08-09-2011 09:17 PM
New to the XD, tips? rrasco XD Forum 5 02-26-2009 12:45 AM
Any Tips? dnthmn2004 Gunsmithing Forum 5 06-01-2008 12:06 PM