Glock 30 Question(s)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 30 Question(s)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 30 Question(s)

I have been shoot all of my life, but I have never personally owned a firearm, always shot my fathers. He is a huge fan of Glocks, he has a 26 as his CCW and I am extremely comfortable with it, as well as all other Glocks I have fired before.
My buddy offered me his used Glock 30 complete with original kit, laser sights and a few boxes of range ammo.
His price was $400 or $450, I don't recall the exact amount.
My questions:
1) seems like a good price, is that true?
2) I want this to be a CCW, how concealable is this weapon? I live in FL, and I primarily wear jeans/shorts with an untucked T or Polo.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2600 Times on 1269 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

WEP,

Not a bad price at all assuming the pistol is in excellent shape and also the laser and etc. is a plus. The $400 price would certainly be a better deal as I am sure you would agree!
Concealment is marginal describing the clothing you mentioned. I carry a Model 27 Glock which is the 40 Cal. Model. You can probably do OK with an untucked shirt and the right holster. Or I have also carried mine in an ankle holster with loose bottom jeans.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
WEP,

Not a bad price at all assuming the pistol is in excellent shape and also the laser and etc. is a plus. The $400 price would certainly be a better deal as I am sure you would agree!
Concealment is marginal describing the clothing you mentioned. I carry a Model 27 Glock which is the 40 Cal. Model. You can probably do OK with an untucked shirt and the right holster. Or I have also carried mine in an ankle holster with loose bottom jeans.

Thanks Sniper,
It is in excellent shape, he took great care of it.
Do you have any recommendations for a good IWB holster?

Old 03-04-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2600 Times on 1269 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

I would take a look at some of the Blackhawk holsters. I like the plastic holsters quite a bit because I can take it off and on very quickly with out removing my belt. Fobus Holsters are also good! And several companies make a good in the belt holster. Bianchi, GG&G and Safari Land. If you could go to a gun show or gun shop and check them out before you buy would be best. We are all built a little different.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

From what I've seen on regional forums, $450 (or better yet $400) is a very good price for the southern half of Florida. It's what I'd expect to pay up here in the northern half. And that's without laser sight and ammo.

My Glock 30 is my regular carry gun. I carry mine OWB with a loose-fitting, untucked button-down shirt.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 03-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm in Fla too. it is good price if it's in good condition. I carry mine once in a while tucked in my waistband, no holster with an untucked shirt over it. I have to use a belt because the gun is a bit heavy and without one, the shorts or jeans would sag and the gun wouldn't stay put.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.