Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 30 Question(s) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-30-question-s-39294/)

WEPIII 03-04-2011 02:24 PM

Glock 30 Question(s)

I have been shoot all of my life, but I have never personally owned a firearm, always shot my fathers. He is a huge fan of Glocks, he has a 26 as his CCW and I am extremely comfortable with it, as well as all other Glocks I have fired before.
My buddy offered me his used Glock 30 complete with original kit, laser sights and a few boxes of range ammo.
His price was $400 or $450, I don't recall the exact amount.
My questions:
1) seems like a good price, is that true?
2) I want this to be a CCW, how concealable is this weapon? I live in FL, and I primarily wear jeans/shorts with an untucked T or Polo.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

Sniper03 03-04-2011 02:53 PM

WEP,

Not a bad price at all assuming the pistol is in excellent shape and also the laser and etc. is a plus. The $400 price would certainly be a better deal as I am sure you would agree!
Concealment is marginal describing the clothing you mentioned. I carry a Model 27 Glock which is the 40 Cal. Model. You can probably do OK with an untucked shirt and the right holster. Or I have also carried mine in an ankle holster with loose bottom jeans.

WEPIII 03-04-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03 (Post 457447)
WEP,

Not a bad price at all assuming the pistol is in excellent shape and also the laser and etc. is a plus. The $400 price would certainly be a better deal as I am sure you would agree!
Concealment is marginal describing the clothing you mentioned. I carry a Model 27 Glock which is the 40 Cal. Model. You can probably do OK with an untucked shirt and the right holster. Or I have also carried mine in an ankle holster with loose bottom jeans.

Thanks Sniper,
It is in excellent shape, he took great care of it.
Do you have any recommendations for a good IWB holster?

Sniper03 03-04-2011 03:24 PM

I would take a look at some of the Blackhawk holsters. I like the plastic holsters quite a bit because I can take it off and on very quickly with out removing my belt. Fobus Holsters are also good! And several companies make a good in the belt holster. Bianchi, GG&G and Safari Land. If you could go to a gun show or gun shop and check them out before you buy would be best. We are all built a little different.

utf59 03-04-2011 08:33 PM

From what I've seen on regional forums, $450 (or better yet $400) is a very good price for the southern half of Florida. It's what I'd expect to pay up here in the northern half. And that's without laser sight and ammo.

My Glock 30 is my regular carry gun. I carry mine OWB with a loose-fitting, untucked button-down shirt.

Car54 03-05-2011 02:58 AM

I'm in Fla too. it is good price if it's in good condition. I carry mine once in a while tucked in my waistband, no holster with an untucked shirt over it. I have to use a belt because the gun is a bit heavy and without one, the shorts or jeans would sag and the gun wouldn't stay put.