glock 30
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > glock 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default glock 30

Hi all, I am new to the glock forum. I just purchased a glock 30 .45 auto. How good is it? Does anyone who owns one give me some feedback?. Just want to know if I made a good choice. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2011, 01:24 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Great gun! I had one and carried it for a number of years. One of my dream guns came up for sale/trade, though, and since I didn't have the $$$ I made the trade. I don't regret the trade, but I wish I had had the money instead.

I found it to be extremely accurate for such a small gun, and not that hard to control for a small .45.

If you bought an older one used, you'll probably want grip extensions on your magazines. Newer models are manufactured with the extensions.

Enjoy it!

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 11-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is an absolutely amazing sub compact .45!!!

I've fired 6400 rounds through mine in about 40 different mock ups/scenarios and it hasn't jammed, misfired, or given me ANY problems.

What did you buy it for? Concealed Carry? Target shooting?

If you bought it for CC, I recommend getting an Inside-The-Pants holster; either that or a T shirt with sewn in shoulder holster. I use an Uncle Mike's Size 16 ITP holster and is very comfortable; extremely easy pull an hola teeing combined with sturdy hold on the pant line and/or belt.....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #4

I'm new to this website but I have a question about my G30. I have a new G30 never fired and I do clean it at least once a month; I was wondering when I clean it should I go through the whole procedure as if it had been fired or just use lubricating Oil for maintaince . Once again I apologize for using the wrong thread but please help.
Chlogeo

Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
I'm new to this website but I have a question about my G30. I have a new G30 never fired and I do clean it at least once a month; I was wondering when I clean it should I go through the whole procedure as if it had been fired or just use lubricating Oil for maintaince . Once again I apologize for using the wrong thread but please help.
Chlogeo
U just have to oil the weapon and put some oil on the slide thats what i do with my glock 36 slim line

Old 11-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlogeo
Chlogeo
You've never fired it? What are you waiting for?

If its never been fired you dong need to clean it fully EVERY time. Just wipe it down and out a drop or two into the slide while working the action of it.

GO FIRE THAT THING TOO!!!

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 11-15-2011, 12:49 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

WOW congrats on the G30, thats my next purchase when the money is there. From what i hear, you wont have any issues with it. I also hear a lot of people can shoot .45 glocks better than .40 so that should be a plus.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 AM   #8

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Probably the best overall Glock after the G19. It is regarded by many (Mas Ayoob included) as the most accurate (Long barrel excluded) and reliable Glock ever made. I love mine

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 01-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #9

I've got 2 G22s and I thought about trading one of them for a G30.. It's OD Green and I heard they don't make them anymore though... Input?

Old 01-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #10

Liked 32 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Immediately send it to me. Don't, I repeat, don't fire it. PM me for shipping address!!!