Glock 30 or 36? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 30 or 36?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 04:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Sorry the photo cube and good camera weren't available.
time for Glock Gawking!

Size vs. G17

Size vs other single stack (6 vs 8)

I thought that the double recoil spring and beveled slide were traits of Gen 4. In California we can't buy Gen 4s yet I have this one... Or do i? There is no back-strap options.

Why the little hole in the recoil spring rod thing?
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 11-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #22

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Following this thread as I'm also stuck between these 2 guns but learning strongly towards the Glock 30SF

Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 18

There is an extended 8-round cip for the 36?
Anyone know a good place for me to get one?

Extra finger grips?

Also anyone knwo if I can get a shorter cip? one that doesn't have the pinky finger holder?
"If the gun is cold to the touch, put Gloves on" -RustyShackleford101

Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #24

Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Following this thread as I'm also stuck between these 2 guns but learning strongly towards the Glock 30SF
I'm 5'10" 220#s, and I didn't like the size of and weight of the G30/G29 with any iwb holsters. The slide is just too thick and heavy. I like the G33 just fine and am considering a G36 as well.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki

I'm 5'10" 220#s, and I didn't like the size of and weight of the G30/G29 with any iwb holsters. The slide is just too thick and heavy. I like the G33 just fine and am considering a G36 as well.
I'm 6'1 230ish and honestly didn't feel a massive size difference between my G26 and the G30 SF...not enough to turn me off anyways. Im not personally intersted in the 10mm or 357sig calibers so I'm on the same boat as the OP: G30 or G36.

Loved the feel and purchase of the 30SF over the weekend and I can deal with the extra 1/4" width of the slide. I was more concerned about the length and thickness of the grip which was the main factor for me in terms of a practical CCW. I understand there is a magazine extension for the G36 that adds to the capacity/length but that negates the purpose of sticking with a small grip.

For me, all things considered, I think the G30 SF wins but to each his own, that's why there are a dozen Glock models to choose from!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #26

Liked 339 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
I'm 6'1 230ish and honestly didn't feel a massive size difference between my G26 and the G30 SF...not enough to turn me off anyways. Im not personally intersted in the 10mm or 357sig calibers so I'm on the same boat as the OP: G30 or G36.

Loved the feel and purchase of the 30SF over the weekend and I can deal with the extra 1/4" width of the slide. I was more concerned about the length and thickness of the grip which was the main factor for me in terms of a practical CCW. I understand there is a magazine extension for the G36 that adds to the capacity/length but that negates the purpose of sticking with a small grip.

For me, all things considered, I think the G30 SF wins but to each his own, that's why there are a dozen Glock models to choose from!

I totally agree with you! I'm not the biggest guy, which is why I included my stats. If you are comfortable ccw'ing a 30 by all means!

I was just giving my personal account of it. I personally thought it was too big for me to comfortably carry. It is a lot heavier than the g26 g33 g27 mini Gs. I think its even heavier than the mid range 19,22,&32 models. That slide is heavy!

As for the 3 finger grip shooting, the .45 is easy to handle. (much easier than 10mm) It does feel odd shooting without using your pinky but with a little practice and a couple trips to the range, it'll become second nature. I got used to even when using full power 10mm ammo on my 29. I eventually sold it tho to help purchase a custom 10mm long slide of my G21sf.

Last edited by AgentTikki; 11-27-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 185 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Issues for sure! The G36 was the gun I decided to use in GSSF matches for the Major Subcompact class. It was perfect! It fit my hand far better than the G30 & was an accurate "little" gun - just right fot the matches & ccw. Wow, was I ever wrong! The gun would not run! I couldn't get through a single stage without it shutting down. I had it to nine different Glock armorers all up & down the Eastern Seaboard at GSSF matches and sent it back to Glock twice...still wouldn't work. I traded it for a G30 with a broken ejector (even up) which has never failed to function - even with the broken ejector! If you want a subcompact .45, go with the 30!
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 12-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #28

Bought the 30SF last week

Freakin gun is suh-weet and Im very happy with it already
therukh Likes This 
Old 12-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Must be a Lemon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
Issues for sure! The G36 was the gun I decided to use in GSSF matches for the Major Subcompact class. It was perfect! It fit my hand far better than the G30 & was an accurate "little" gun - just right fot the matches & ccw. Wow, was I ever wrong! The gun would not run! I couldn't get through a single stage without it shutting down. I had it to nine different Glock armorers all up & down the Eastern Seaboard at GSSF matches and sent it back to Glock twice...still wouldn't work. I traded it for a G30 with a broken ejector (even up) which has never failed to function - even with the broken ejector! If you want a subcompact .45, go with the 30!
The only thing I can figure is that this Gun is a Lemon! It happens with Cars and it can happen with Guns! I have both the Glock 30SF and the 36 but my EDC is the 36 and I love this Gun. I just don't understand why you would choose the G36 for your matches? IMO, the G30 is the best .45 out there!

Old 12-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post

The only thing I can figure is that this Gun is a Lemon! It happens with Cars and it can happen with Guns! I have both the Glock 30SF and the 36 but my EDC is the 36 and I love this Gun. I just don't understand why you would choose the G36 for your matches? IMO, the G30 is the best .45 out there!

I also have to agree with the G30 as being the best 45, IMO out there, it is with me off duty 100 percent of the time. Can not go wrong with 10+1 of 45 ACP in the size of the G30