Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 27 update (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-27-update-60800/)

glockcoma 03-22-2012 05:22 AM

Well i took my new 27 out to the range today. My first impression is its a lil diffrent its going to take some getting use to nothing that a bit of practice wouldnt cure. I only put 100 rounds through her. She feels good in the hand even with the flush 9rd mag my pinky hanging off dosent bother me. I also added the pearce +2 exstention on my other two mags and they worked flawless. I did have a failure to fire but i credited that to a bad round i pressed the trigger CLICK, waited ejected the round inspected it had a primer strike. Reloaded the round charged again CLICK yeah bad round kinda suprised me. It was wwb i never had that type of malfunction with that ammo before. All in all a great little piece that packs a punch. I kno i gotta put another couple hundred rounds through it before i dedicate it to my main edc piece. That CLICK wasn't a good feeling, Im just going to have to carry my 23 still for now, she all ready been through BOOT CAMP and earned her RESPECT!!!.

Robbie762 04-21-2012 12:36 AM

I've finally got used to mine, just put a stainless steel rod and spring assembly on it and it actually made a big difference in the way it handles. Also put an extended slide release and a set of Truglo fiber optic sights. The rod and spring turned it into a keeper.

lyodbraun 04-21-2012 01:38 AM

Congrats on the new 27 I love my gen3 27 its a great little gun, although I dont carry it anymore LOL been replaced with my G30SF... I found with my 27 I shoot high for some reason ??? but with my Gen4 23 and 30SF im dead on... well enjoy your new Glock and be safe happy shooting

glockcoma 04-21-2012 04:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here go mines, a great piece that packs a punch. Just as accurate as my 23. I just had Xs sights installed before i left to go visit family in NY, i just got back so i haven't been to the range yet to try em out. It took over as my main edc piece i love it.

Attachment 44154

Attachment 44155

sparky80 04-22-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie762 (Post 777353)
I've finally got used to mine, just put a stainless steel rod and spring assembly on it and it actually made a big difference in the way it handles. Also put an extended slide release and a set of Truglo fiber optic sights. The rod and spring turned it into a keeper.

What brand rod and spring did you use?

okdonk 04-22-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky80

What brand rod and spring did you use?

You can easily get RSA from glockstore.com. They have the stainless or the tungsten.

Robbie762 04-23-2012 01:30 AM

I got it from glockmeister, it was their brand

DON1937 04-29-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie762 (Post 777353)

What is the difference you've noticed after changing the rod and spring? I'm considering changing these in my 26.

Robbie762 04-30-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DON1937

What is the difference you've noticed after changing the rod and spring? I'm considering changing these in my 26.

It toned down the "muzzle flip" that the smaller guns all seem to have. The kick is still there, just not as much as before.

GaMatt72 04-30-2012 02:37 AM

I went to the range today with my new to me G27. It has a bit more recoil then the G22 but after a few mags I got use to it. It was a LE trade in so it is plenty broke in. I live it and it will now be my main carry weapon.