Glock 27 Gen 4 Light Primer Strikes

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 27 Gen 4 Light Primer Strikes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 27 Gen 4 Light Primer Strikes

Just picked up a Glock 27 Gen 4. Put 100 rounds through it. No problems. Cleaned it. Picked up Glock OEM 357 sig barrel. 150 rounds. 2 light primer strikes. Factory ammo. They fired with second strikes. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #2

Liked 520 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 238

No reason to panic yet. Like cars, guns have a breaking in period. If the problem persists after a few hundred more rounds then send it back to Glock and they'll correct any problem that exists. I'm sure it'll clear up like a teenager's acne once it's moving parts adjust to working with each other. I have my 3rd gen G27 for 5 years and have complete confidence in it.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2700 Times on 1877 Posts
Likes Given: 1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrb View Post
Just picked up a Glock 27 Gen 4. Put 100 rounds through it. No problems. Cleaned it. Picked up Glock OEM 357 sig barrel. 150 rounds. 2 light primer strikes. Factory ammo. They fired with second strikes. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
1.Was it the same ammo before and after cleaning? 2. Check the firing pin channel for grease, lint, or anything. Should be bone dry. Blast it with Gun Scrubber if necessary.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:52 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrb
Clear the gun, pull the trigger and keep it that way. Then rack the slide back (with the triger still pulled) and let it go forward gently. If it does not align completelly with the frame, you have an expired recoil spring. The poroblem is that when you are shooting, your focus is on the sights, not noticing (if that is the problem) that the slide does not reach all the way to the front of the frame, hence causing the light strikes. If that's not the problem, it is probably amo related. Check that!

Old 12-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elglockeroloko30 View Post
Clear the gun, pull the trigger and keep it that way. Then rack the slide back (with the triger still pulled) and let it go forward gently. If it does not align completelly with the frame, you have an expired recoil spring. The poroblem is that when you are shooting, your focus is on the sights, not noticing (if that is the problem) that the slide does not reach all the way to the front of the frame, hence causing the light strikes. If that's not the problem, it is probably amo related. Check that!
When you say expired do you mean there is an updated glock spring that I need or that the spring is just worn down. You are correct that when I was experiencing those light primer strikes, I did notice that when racking the gun slowly the slide did not want to completely realign with the frame.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrb

When you say expired do you mean there is an updated glock spring that I need or that the spring is just worn down. You are correct that when I was experiencing those light primer strikes, I did notice that when racking the gun slowly the slide did not want to completely realign with the frame.
By expired I mean that it does not have enough strength to take the slide all the way to completelly align it with the frame, or as you wrote, it is worn down.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I had my gen 4 glock 26 for a short period of time. Shot about 75 rounds. Gun would stay out of battery if u pulled the slide back to press check. With a loaded chamber. That means recoil spring is expired. That was to fast for a new gun. So I bought a stainless steel guide rod and put over 1000 thro it and still counting. Best investment for glock. Just my 2 cents