Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 27 or 33 vs. Springfield XD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have the XD 40 Subcompact and I have carried it in an ankle holster, an in the waistband holster, and an on the hip Kydex holster. The gun just disappears! I also shoot this gun in IDPA competitions and it keeps up with the other 5" barrel guns. The extended magazine really does the trick for stability.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:51 PM   #12

Default Go with the 33

I would go with the Glock 33, man I am talking knock down power for a baby glock, I own one and I love it. The 27 is okay, but it is too common. Go with something that not very many people think is a good choice, but in reality man this gun with a pearce extended magazine plus one will equals 10 rounds of 357 Sig. I have owned one for over two years and believe this is a good concealed choice. Then I own all 31, 32 and 33. The Blackhawk CQC holster level 2 is a great holster.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #13

Default XD

I just make the same decision last night.

I went with the XD.

While the Glock is cheaper, I could not get my hand to safely grip the handle. I imagined myself trying to draw that in a high-stress environment and saw myself dropping it. It's harder to hold than my Beretta Tomcat.

The XD is a fantastic piece. I also enjoy its grip safety, rail, and extended magazine.

And, if you buy an XD through January, Springfield gives you a coupon for 2 extra mags and belt mag carrier.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
Do glocks tend to discharge without warning? This may influence my purchase. I know the Springfield has the trigger safety and you have to have a good grip on the rear of the stock. I would not want a gun discharging while I was carrying for sure.

The only way the glock is designed to discharge is to physically pull the trigger. The firing pin is blocked unless the trigger is pulled. There is not enough pressure to strike the primer. Technically you could throw the glock off of a 20 story building and it would not discharge the projectile.Took a very thorough course on the internal workings of a glock.

I would recommend the XD regardless.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 PM   #15

Wow this is an old question. I ended up with a Springfield XD sub compact. I love it!

Proud NRA member

Old 08-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #16

I have both and like them both about the same..........

"In God We Trust"

Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

It's like comparing apples to other apples.......

Old 05-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
I have my hadgun selection narrowed down to 3 guns. I would like either the Glock 27 or 33 or a Springfield XD sub-compact 3" in .40 caliber. This would be mainly a home defense weapon and when I get my CCW a carry gun. In reality I probably won't carry all that much. I would like opinions and pros and cons of all the above guns. Price is not a big factor, but I think the glocks are a little less expensive. If I get a springfield it will most likely be the bi-tone. Please discuss, thanks Mark
Here is my 10 cents worth on the two of them:

Springfield XD:
Only ever fired while I was in Nevada,basically the straigtened grip felt loose and foreign,but it fired like a beauty and sights were very good(3 white point).The magazine catch seems to be an issue for many,but I don't see the problem,just don't carry with one in the chamber.Picatinny rail underneat allows for standard light mounting,or laser,whichever you prefer.

GLOCK's:
Very good,always ergonomic and come in a good variety of calibers,sizes and mag capcities.Great sights,very visible(especially on the latter generation models) and comes with innovative Glock safety features.

My choice would be the Glock 17/19 with +2 baseplate,but XD would be better than a CZ75.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #19

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixdeluxe1 View Post

Springfield XD:
Only ever fired while I was in Nevada,basically the straigtened grip felt loose and foreign,but it fired like a beauty and sights were very good(3 white point).The magazine catch seems to be an issue for many,but I don't see the problem,just don't carry with one in the chamber.Picatinny rail underneat allows for standard light mounting,or laser,whichever you prefer.

GLOCK's:
Very good,always ergonomic and come in a good variety of calibers,sizes and mag capcities.Great sights,very visible(especially on the latter generation models) and comes with innovative Glock safety features.

My choice would be the Glock 17/19 with +2 baseplate,but XD would be better than a CZ75.
You bumped an old thread but I have to take exception to what you've posted. You state not to carry an XD with one in the chamber and then you cite Glock's "innovative" safety features?

The XD actually is safer to carry with one in the chamber as it has a trigger safety and a grip safety and the Glock only has the trigger safety. I, and many others here, carry our XDs with a round chambered. I won't even comment on your statement on the ergonomics of XDs vs Glocks as that has been done to death...

Old 05-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixdeluxe1 View Post

Springfield XD:

GLOCK's:

Yeah, I'm going to beat you up too! Glocks don't have any sort or real safety. Putting a hinge on the trigger and calling it a safety is just mechanically ignorant. The XD has the grip safety, which is an actual safety!

Glocks have terrible ergonomics. They are made for guys with 7 fingers and a broken wrist. Did I mention that XD's and M&P's have been beating the pants off glocks in sales for the last couple of years? People are getting clued in!

NEITHER beat the CZ75b for ergonomics!

ALWAYS carry with a round in the chamber. Why on earth wouldn't you?