Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 26 WILL NOT FIRE! WTH? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-26-will-not-fire-wth-51263/)

Broke124 11-06-2011 05:24 PM

Glock 26 WILL NOT FIRE! WTH?

Guys my 26 is striking primers but not igniting them. Before anyone says it I have tried 4 different types of ammo...no success.

BLUNTTrauma72 11-06-2011 05:30 PM

My wife thinks the fireing pin isnt releasing properly

linuxuser3890 11-06-2011 05:58 PM

Check the firing pin and spring. Maybe the spring is damaged or the pin is getting slowed down by debris.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using FirearmsTalk

Glore 11-06-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broke124
Guys my 26 is striking primers but not igniting them. Before anyone says it I have tried 4 different types of ammo...no success.

You can take a look at the firing pin and inspect the springs as others have suggested, this would be my first step. While I had it taken down this far (back plate off, slide completely disassembled) I would do a very detailed cleaning. It could be that you have debri interfering with the pin coming through the slide. If you don't feel comfortable with this you can use a aresol cleaner to spray directly into the hole where the pin comes through and hits the primer. Is the gun new to you? If so has the gun functioned properly in the past? Have you modified anything on the gun?

Broke124 11-06-2011 06:53 PM

No gun is not new and is cleaned after every shooting. Broke down striker housing and cleaned, everything is okay so far. Scares me to death though...this is, well was, my carry gun.

Firearms4ever 11-06-2011 07:04 PM

Hmm, it sounds, like the others have suggested, either the firing pin is getting slowed down by debris or the firing pin spring is possibly worn out or damaged.

Glore 11-06-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broke124
No gun is not new and is cleaned after every shooting. Broke down striker housing and cleaned, everything is okay so far. Scares me to death though...this is, well was, my carry gun.

Okay as in the gun is now functioning properly or ok as in the internals are visibly ok?

SGTMAC26 11-06-2011 08:39 PM

RE: Glock 26 WILL NOT FIRE

I actually had this happen with my Glock 22. I had to replace the striker (firing pin) as the very tip was worn just enough to cause the issue. I also replaced spring and spacer sleeve, I figured better to just replace it all as a set. But I did fire it several times after just replacing the striker, just to be sure that was the cause.
I hope this helps.

ryan139 11-06-2011 11:01 PM

Do you have stock or aftermarket firing pin

willfully armed 11-07-2011 12:58 AM

Any lubrication or debris in the firing pin channel/sleeve will cause light primer strikes.

How many rounds are through the gun?