Glock 26 vs Glock 27? - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock 26 vs Glock 27?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor52 View Post
Thanks for giving me the fever for a new Glock. :-). I added a brand spanking new model 27 gen 4 to my collection a couple of hrs ago. I can't wait to take it to the range Saturday afternoon.

I got my model 30 second-hand. Looks like I need to clean this new one before I shoot it.
You'll love that little 27. I bought one used about 5 years ago and it remains one of my favorites. I'll never get rid of it. Everyone who shoots it loves it. Perfect for my Galco ankle holster backup. Damned accurate for it's size too. It gives my 4" Kimber Super Carry Pro a run for the money...
Old 03-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I can already tell that I am going to like carrying my model 27 much more than my model 30 because of the concealability factor.

Btw--I'm carrying it in one of those blackhawk Serpa holsters that's actually made for a model 22 and it works fine. I may get an ankle holster too.

Last edited by Survivor52; 03-29-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added to post

Old 03-30-2014, 02:34 AM   #43

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Between my wife and I, we ran about 140 rounds through my new model 27 a little earlier this evening. I just used the standard grip--I have smallish hands. I was pleasantly surprised that I seem to hit as well with it as I do with my model 30.

Couple of things to note--my hands are on the small side for a guy and I didn't have any trouble with the 40 cal in that small size gun. My wife and I both shot it pretty well for us (not that we're expert shots).
People Like This 
Old 03-30-2014, 03:29 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Glad for You...and Your Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor52 View Post
Between my wife and I, we ran about 140 rounds through my new model 27 a little earlier this evening. I just used the standard grip--I have smallish hands. I was pleasantly surprised that I seem to hit as well with it as I do with my model 30.

Couple of things to note--my hands are on the small side for a guy and I didn't have any trouble with the 40 cal in that small size gun. My wife and I both shot it pretty well for us (not that we're expert shots).
Great to hear that you like your 27! But tell me...did you clean it before you shot it? ;}
The thing I notice about the Glock grip is that, even though it doesn't feel that I have enough purchase on the grip, I can still control it well (I, too, have smallish hands). ...are you going to clean it now? ;}
In truth, I would dismantle it & inspect it for anything that looks out of the ordinary. Wipe out the chamber, wipe off the feed ramp & follow the instructions on lubing the gun. Unlike 1911's, Glocks are not "wet" guns & work well with the minimum lube as per the instructions. Here's to many more good shooting sessions with your wife & your new G27!
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 03-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #45

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks Rukha. The guy running the gun shop at the range assured me there was no need to clean first. So I went ahead and shot it. I bought a Winchester cleaning kit for pistols & Rem oil at Walmart last night but haven't opened it yet. Also I got a hoppes snake.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1241 Times on 862 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
... Of course there's no such thing as a guaranteed jam free gun, or trouble free ammo. I once got a box of Remington 45LC and one of the rounds had a defective shell casing do to it not being fully machined. It wouldn't load all the way into my Colt SAA cylinder. I was really surprised. I believe in Murphy's Law that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

I love and collect Colt SA's and even with their weaknesses I have nothing but good to say about them, but a friend of mine purchased a number of years ago new from the Colt Custom Shop a real beauty. While shooting it for the first time the cylinder jammed before it reached the next chamber. It turned out the loading gate got loose and moved forward stopping it dead in it's tracks. So even a gun that I love a lot can screw up. It was easy to fix but in a life and death situation it could've been fatal.

It doesn't require expertise to realize, just common sense that any gun can fail to function. I just think that with the Glock you have much less of a chance. If you own the Kel-Tec and it's worked flawlessly for you that is great. We all have what we feel works best for us. All I am saying is that Kel-Tec would be at the bottom of my list of weapons to be carried for SD. The Glock on the other hand is one of my preferred conceal carry weapons and I do mean just one that I prefer.
Other than the typo do vs. due, I couldn't agree more. Perfect logic and well stated. I love the classic pistols and carried the Colt Series '70 Government Model 36 years. It has been an excellent choice for 100+ years but this old dog couldn't ignore that the Glock 22 offered 16 .40 caliber rounds to the 45ACP's 8. That's significant, and if lost, stolen or confiscated it's easier to replace a Glock than my old Colt. Since then I've added the compact G23 and subcompact G27 so I have the right size pistol for the occasion. I still love the classics and trust them but the Glock has earned the status of classic too. I trust them and can't see going with less, even if you can save a hundred bucks.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek
Axxe55 Likes This