Glock 26 vs Glock 27? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 26 vs Glock 27?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've given the s&w shield some thought but it's just something about glock that is very appealing to me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-19-2014, 06:14 AM   #12

Liked 532 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 254

My son has the G26, but that's what his job requires. To be honest I feel very little difference, but then again I've been shooting for many years. I generally carry my 27 and it's light and easy to conceal. It is a little on the thick side, but then again the mag is double stacked with .40S&W rounds that aren't small. It's caliber is a man stopper and the Glock27 is extremely dependable. The wrap around A-Grip that I put on it makes it very comfortable in the hand and unlike skateboard tape that many use it isn't rough, but grips well and feels like suede. They can be concealed in many ways as well. I'm very confident when carrying this weapon, but this is only my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the look of that grip on it. I've decided the 27 is what I'm going with! It is a little thick but it should conceal just fine for my body frame. Thanks everybody

Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

I am of similar size, 5'10", 155lb, but have big hands for my size. Owned a G27 and it was my absolute least favorite firearm I have ever owned. Less than a kel-tec PF-9, and less than my LCP. I own a G19 now, along with a G17 and a few others. The 19 is my favorite 9mm that I own by far. I love everything about it. I have been throwing around the idea of getting a G26 lately and think I will pounce on the next one that pops up for a decent price. The 27 was like a damn brick, uncomfortable for me even with an extension, not fun to shoot, and not good to carry for me to carry.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Was is too bulky when carrying? With noticeable printing?

Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I too am in the market for a 26 or 27. I am leaning very heavily toward the 27 b/c I prefer the .40 round. The dimensions of the two on paper don't seem to be enough to make much of a difference in concealability. That is definitely a big issue with me. I have a model 30 that I love. I am keeping it of course. But the whole reason I'm adding something smaller to my arsenal is to have something that's much more easily concealed. Those who are familiar with both, what about the difference in concealabilty?

Old 03-20-2014, 12:47 AM   #17

Liked 532 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 254

There's no difference in concealability. I become amazed when people make hay between the 26 and 27. First of all here is the specs for the 4th generations:
G26- length 6.41"
height 4.17"
width 1.18"
10 rd cap
weight unl 21.71 oz
weight ld 26.12 oz

G27- length 6.41"
height 4.17"
width 1.18"
9 rd cap
weight unl 21.89 oz
weight ld 27.00 oz

As you can see they are both identical as far as size is concerned and the G27 when loaded is less than an ounce heavier. No one can honestly say they can feel the difference when carried, cause that's total BS. When held in the hand they both feel the same. They are IDENTICAL and the G27 with a barrel change can fire the 9mm. So for the price of a Wolf barrel you have 2 guns for the price of one. With the G26 you are restricted to the 9mm, period. Don't get me wrong, cause I love the 9mm and also carried them for years and still do at times, but I know women who shoot the 40S&W with no problem and hear all the time on forums how men just can't handle it. All I can say is that after reading what some would choose in place of a Glock I'm speechless. I guess to each his own.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:14 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1105 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point6liter View Post
I am of similar size, 5'10", 155lb, but have big hands for my size. Owned a G27 and it was my absolute least favorite firearm I have ever owned. Less than a kel-tec PF-9, and less than my LCP. I own a G19 now, along with a G17 and a few others. The 19 is my favorite 9mm that I own by far. I love everything about it. I have been throwing around the idea of getting a G26 lately and think I will pounce on the next one that pops up for a decent price. The 27 was like a damn brick, uncomfortable for me even with an extension, not fun to shoot, and not good to carry for me to carry.

Sorry, that does not add up. I'm 5'9", a little heavier than you, average hands and 66 years old. I love my G27 and when I put in my Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel I then have a G26. You can't go the other way so give that a lot of thought. (Now no one is saying use a conversion barrel for self defense but for practice it's fine.)

Sure the 40 has more recoil but I don't find it bad at all. The G27&G26 are twins just like Gunsmoke said so they handle/conceal exactly the same. The G23&G19 also are twins so handle the same. All four are pretty close in size and weight actually but the longer grip of the compacts is more manageable than the baby Glocks.

Anyway, Gunsmoke nailed it. I can't add any more to his fine post.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Last edited by Quentin; 03-20-2014 at 01:17 AM.
gunsmoke11 Likes This 
Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 195 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Sorry, that does not add up. I'm 5'9", a little heavier than you, average hands and 66 years old. I love my G27 and when I put in my Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel I then have a G26. You can't go the other way so give that a lot of thought. (Now no one is saying use a conversion barrel for self defense but for practice it's fine.)

Sure the 40 has more recoil but I don't find it bad at all. The G27&G26 are twins just like Gunsmoke said so they handle/conceal exactly the same. The G23&G19 also are twins so handle the same. All four are pretty close in size and weight actually but the longer grip of the compacts is more manageable than the baby Glocks.

Anyway, Gunsmoke nailed it. I can't add any more to his fine post.

Sorry I'm kind of confused on how me not liking a gun doesn't "add up"..... I have never shot or carried a 26, so I have no comparison to base that off of, nor did I ever make such comparison. I personally prefer 9mm over .40 due to price, availability, and manageability. I think the majority of my dislike towards the 27 is that being as small as it was, and as heavy as it is, still having the amount of recoil that it had. The recoil from the 27 was manageable, but I would expect a little less being as heavy as it is. Being that the 9mm is not much lighter, I would imagine the decreased recoil would make it better for easier and faster target re-acquisition. Just my guess, as I said I have never fired nor carried a 26, just a 27. I guess I also didn't take into consideration that I am about 20 lbs heavier now than I was when I had my 27, so carrying it now may be more comfortable. Seeing as I EDC a G19, I could see a 26 or 27 being better for carrying now than before. The man asked for OPINIONS, that's all I gave, was my personal opinion on the subject. Sorry if anyone got butthurt.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1105 Times on 776 Posts
Likes Given: 1117

Quote:
Sorry I'm kind of confused on how me not liking a gun doesn't "add up"..... I have never shot or carried a 26, so I have no comparison to base that off of, nor did I ever make such comparison. I personally prefer 9mm over .40 due to price, availability, and manageability. I think the majority of my dislike towards the 27 is that being as small as it was, and as heavy as it is, still having the amount of recoil that it had. The recoil from the 27 was manageable, but I would expect a little less being as heavy as it is. Being that the 9mm is not much lighter, I would imagine the decreased recoil would make it better for easier and faster target re-acquisition. Just my guess, as I said I have never fired nor carried a 26, just a 27. I guess I also didn't take into consideration that I am about 20 lbs heavier now than I was when I had my 27, so carrying it now may be more comfortable. Seeing as I EDC a G19, I could see a 26 or 27 being better for carrying now than before. The man asked for OPINIONS, that's all I gave, was my personal opinion on the subject. Sorry if anyone got butthurt.
Who's the one who's butthurt? The following is what didn't add up... You hate the G27 but want to buy a G26. You think the G27 is heavy but love the G19. I like the G19/23 and the G26/27, it's unusual to love one size then say the other is a brick. I'm not knocking you, just saying it doesn't add up!

Quote:
... I have been throwing around the idea of getting a G26 lately and think I will pounce on the next one that pops up for a decent price. The 27 was like a damn brick, uncomfortable for me even with an extension, not fun to shoot, and not good to carry for me to carry.
If you hated the G27 so much, think about holding/shooting a G26 before you buy. Actually you pretty much already have held a G26 if you had a G27!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.

Last edited by Quentin; 03-20-2014 at 09:23 PM.