Glock 26 slide doesn't reset all the time. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock 26 slide doesn't reset all the time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8763 Times on 5237 Posts
Likes Given: 11634

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
Very much appreciate all the responses. For someone new to shooting, the forums and community here are a lifesaver.

Lots of knowledgeable people here. They have bailed me out many times.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Your G26 pistol is not what's in need of a break in period (especially with the sub-compact Glocks)........it's the magazine springs that need to be worked. Most of the fully loaded sub compact mags when new won't even seat properly on a closed slide when inserted. Some of the sub compact magazines are so tightly wound it may be a real hassle just filling them to max capacity.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3569 Times on 1719 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Robo,

Is Robo and Ram Rod stated, the are on the point and great advice.
Especially with the compacts they are a weapon of their own. The compacts are also more susceptible to limp wristing. If they do not have a good positive firm grip to work against and especially when they are brand new! And if you are using lighter loads. One other thing I would add, is if it has any of that Gold Looking material on the bottom of the slide clean it off and then as the others have said lube the slide area well. Just out of curiosity what brand and grain of ammunition are you using?
Point made "Break it In! Also if it happens mark that magazine with a piece of chalk to determine if it could be a mag problem?

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 168 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
if it has any of that Gold Looking material on the bottom of the slide clean it off and then as the others have said lube the slide area well. Just out of curiosity what brand and grain of ammunition are you using?
I thought I was supposed to leave that alone until it came off on its own?

I usually just shoot 115 White Box, but picked up some higher grain to see if that would fix the issue. I don't know if it was the better ammo or if it just needed a few more round through it, but it's completely problem free now.