Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 26 slide doesn't reset all the time. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-26-slide-doesnt-reset-all-time-70065/)

otisthecat 08-10-2012 10:18 PM

Glock 26 slide doesn't reset all the time.

Sorry, tried to find a similar thread but didn't see anything. My brand new (as of about four hours ago) Glock 26 is having some issues and I'm not sure how concerned I should be. It wasn't every time I shot by any means, but a few times the slide would stop just a couple mm's before fully resetting. I can recreate the issue by pulling the slide back and slowing releasing it. It will either stop a couple mm's before ressetting, or will have a little "stutter" before ressetting.

Anyone able to alleviate my concerns?

mountainman13 08-10-2012 10:30 PM

How's the recoil spring look? Any noticeable rough spots on the slide rails?

otisthecat 08-10-2012 10:38 PM

Spring looks fine (very untrained eye though), I gave the rails a once over but I'll do a more detailed exam this evening.

Also, don't know if this makes any difference, but it's a NIB Gen 3.

mountainman13 08-10-2012 10:40 PM

I have no personal experience with the gen 3. I'm sure its a minor issue may just need some oil and more range time.

SSGN_Doc 08-11-2012 12:07 AM

Shorter pistols can be more sensitive to ammo and not having a really firm grip/locked wrist. Also if it is new it may need to be run with some pretty hot ammo at first.

Did you do any cleaning of the gun prior to firing it? What type of ammo did you use?

otisthecat 08-11-2012 12:17 AM

I did a quick cleaning just to make sure there wasn't any leftover factory gunk, but nothing real thorough. I assumed it was my poor shooting ability, combined with a new gun and topped off with White Box ammo that did it, but when I was able to make it do the same thing just racking the slide I decided for once it may not have been user error.

kmglocks 08-11-2012 02:17 AM

Bad recoil spring for sure.

otisthecat 08-11-2012 03:03 AM

That's what I'm starting to think. Been messing with it for the last hour, and while I think it's gotten better than it was, it's still doing it. It feels like the spring is snagging on something just enough to gum up the works.

Back to the LGS tomorrow I guess. Really hope they can fix it without me having to send it in.

robocop10mm 08-11-2012 03:11 AM

It is called "failure to lock". It can be caused by ammo (try different brand), operator error (limp wristing or allowing your thumb to rub the slide) or perhaps the gun is not broken in. I never try to diagnose problems until the gun has at least 200 rounds through it.

GaMatt72 08-11-2012 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm
It is called "failure to lock". It can be caused by ammo (try different brand), operator error (limp wristing or allowing your thumb to rub the slide) or perhaps the gun is not broken in. I never try to diagnose problems until the gun has at least 200 rounds through it.

Dead on the money.