Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 26 Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbartrom View Post
Wow, I just bought a brand new Glock 26 EXO, and went to rack the slide, and the bullet jammed against the bottom of the barrell. I had Gold Dot 124 +p in the mag, so I switched to Hydra-Shoks, the same thing happened,
Pull the slide all the way back, then release it so it goes forward under its own force. Don't "ride the slide forward".

Old 03-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #12

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Ok, here's the story. The gun is brand new, factory mags and all. I tried loading it by sticking the mag in and hitting the slide release with 3 different types of ammo, JHP and FMJ. I also loaded the mag into the gun and pulled the slide back and released it, and the same thing happened. I tried it 10 times before I really started getting mad. With all this being said, I took it back to the place I bought it from and explained the problem. The guy at the desk told me he would bet money that it was me that was the problem. He loaded the mag and racked the slide really hard, and wow, it worked. I was really glad that it worked, and pi$$ed that it did at the same time. He racked the whole magazine through it. I gave him the clip out of my pocket and thought this won't work for you, but he racked them all through without any jams. He told me not to baby it when I put a round in the chamber. I told him that I should be able to put the mag in and hit the slide release and it should chamber, so he did it, and it worked fine. I guess I just need to shoot it and get it broke in, but thankfully it is working fine. I also went ahead and purchased the G19 EXO. I sure love that EXO finish. Thanks for the comments, I look forward to this forum.
Ah yes, As a gunshop employee, I have seen this happen many times.
Sometimes it's caused by "riding" the slide forward (don't ride it, just pull back and let go), I've also seen people that weren't pulling the slide back far enough. Glad to hear nothing is wrong with the gun!

Old 03-28-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
ET1

See this is why I will never own a single Glock!!!

...I will always own at least 2 of them.

I just want to give due credit to the OP for coming back after he found that he was the problem and owning up to it. It takes a lot to lay yourself out there for ridicule. I'm glad you got straightened out & I'm sure you will enjoy your Glocks.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:06 AM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Default Take a deep breath

Quote:
Wow, I just bought a brand new Glock 26 EXO, and went to rack the slide, and the bullet jammed against the bottom of the barrell. I had Gold Dot 124 +p in the mag, so I switched to Hydra-Shoks, the same thing happened, now I am am ready to throw the thing in the trash. I went and got some American Eagles FMJ round nose, and the same thing. This is my first Glock, and I have to say I am not very impressed. I called Glock this morning, and they said to take it back where I bought it, and have them look at it, and assured me that they would fix or replace it, but it could take 3 weeks to get it back. What am I suppose to do in the mean time. Why would it take 3 weeks, are there that many guns that they have to repair or what. I was suppose to buy a 19 EXO today, but I think not. My S&W 6906 never had any problems, to bad I already sold it. Any thoughts on the problem.
Take it back to where you bought it and have the gun smith look at it. I had a problem with a brand new Glock 17. They had to send it back to Glock. They fixed it (quickly) and it hasn't ever jammed since. You bought one of the most tried and true pistols that exists. It will be fine.
- Glock 17, Glock 26, Beretta PX4, Beretta 92FS, Browning BuckMark
(former owner of Kahr Pm9, Sig 238, Springfield XD)
If I could keep only one pistol, it would be a Glock.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 PM   #15

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Ok, here's the story. The gun is brand new, factory mags and all. I tried loading it by sticking the mag in and hitting the slide release with 3 different types of ammo, JHP and FMJ. I also loaded the mag into the gun and pulled the slide back and released it, and the same thing happened. I tried it 10 times before I really started getting mad. With all this being said, I took it back to the place I bought it from and explained the problem. The guy at the desk told me he would bet money that it was me that was the problem. He loaded the mag and racked the slide really hard, and wow, it worked. I was really glad that it worked, and pi$$ed that it did at the same time. He racked the whole magazine through it. I gave him the clip out of my pocket and thought this won't work for you, but he racked them all through without any jams. He told me not to baby it when I put a round in the chamber. I told him that I should be able to put the mag in and hit the slide release and it should chamber, so he did it, and it worked fine. I guess I just need to shoot it and get it broke in, but thankfully it is working fine. I also went ahead and purchased the G19 EXO. I sure love that EXO finish. Thanks for the comments, I look forward to this forum.
OK JJ, first of all this is NOT a slide release, it is a manual slide lock, to release the slide, simply rack the slide, do not ride it back to the front ( as this will cause it to fail to feed in almost every semi-auto that I own ). Pull it back and let her rip, that is the way this weapon was designed to operate, just like it is cycling a new round after ejecting the spent casing. Also try tapping the mag after it is reloaded to seat the rounds before inserting the mag into the weapon. If you use the slide lock as a release you will wear the corner down and it will cause the weapon to not stay locked back when the mag is empty. I found this out when looking at a well used G19 for the wife to see if she would carry it. When I pulled the slide back and tried to lock it it slammed forward on it's own. Needless to say I chose another weapon for her. So now my safe has a nice collection starting: G22 .40, G19 9mm, G26 9mm, Sp-101 .357, S&P 9C 9mm, Bersa .380 CC, and coming soon Kimber Solo. Good luck and shoot often and shoot well.

Last edited by levelcross; 05-27-2011 at 08:16 PM.