Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 26 Problem (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-26-problem-18422/)

schremp44 09-23-2009 08:01 AM

Glock 26 Problem

Hello, I am fairly new to guns but I do believe my Glock 26 has a severe problem. I am able to dryfire it over and over again with out racking the slide once and I am unable to disassemble the firearm (the slide wont slide forward on normal procedure to take the gun apart). Please help.

General_lee 09-23-2009 03:42 PM

First of all, Hello and welcome.
Please stop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

Perhaps a little more info would help to diagnose the problem.
Have you been able to field strip the gun before? Have you just bought the gun brand new, used, or owned it for a while before this happened?

Ram Rod 09-24-2009 09:57 AM

This a brand new Glock, or have you had it apart before? That is a problem, and I would suggest calling the folks at Glock today and get some tech support. 1-770-432-1202
I wouldn't even venture to guess and attempt to tell you how to solve this on your own.

jjbartrom 03-24-2011 02:29 PM

Wow, I just bought a brand new Glock 26 EXO, and went to rack the slide, and the bullet jammed against the bottom of the barrell. I had Gold Dot 124 +p in the mag, so I switched to Hydra-Shoks, the same thing happened, now I am am ready to throw the thing in the trash. I went and got some American Eagles FMJ round nose, and the same thing. This is my first Glock, and I have to say I am not very impressed. I called Glock this morning, and they said to take it back where I bought it, and have them look at it, and assured me that they would fix or replace it, but it could take 3 weeks to get it back. What am I suppose to do in the mean time. Why would it take 3 weeks, are there that many guns that they have to repair or what. I was suppose to buy a 19 EXO today, but I think not. My S&W 6906 never had any problems, to bad I already sold it. Any thoughts on the problem.

Dzscubie 03-24-2011 04:56 PM

Interesting,, two single post by different posters and both are about a problem with a Glock 26.

I believe we may be being trolled.

Scubie

General_lee 03-24-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzscubie (Post 471659)
Interesting,, two single post by different posters and both are about a problem with a Glock 26.

I believe we may be being trolled.

Scubie

Perhaps.
Notice the OP was back in 2009. As for the last poster, I've never heard of a Glock jamming with everything including FMJ:eek: If this is for real it sounds to me like a bad magazine problem.

007BondJamesBond007 03-24-2011 06:24 PM

Gaston calls it Perfection!!!

M14sRock 03-25-2011 05:43 AM

Understanding the way the trigger resets in a Glock, makes the issue in the OP impossible. The trigger cannot reset until the slide has been moved to the rear about a half an inch.

I own several Glocks, in several calibers, and cannot make any of them fail to feed like JJ. Were factory magazines being used, I wonder?

Welcome aboard, JJ, but please give us some more details.

jjbartrom 03-25-2011 02:09 PM

Ok, here's the story. The gun is brand new, factory mags and all. I tried loading it by sticking the mag in and hitting the slide release with 3 different types of ammo, JHP and FMJ. I also loaded the mag into the gun and pulled the slide back and released it, and the same thing happened. I tried it 10 times before I really started getting mad. With all this being said, I took it back to the place I bought it from and explained the problem. The guy at the desk told me he would bet money that it was me that was the problem. He loaded the mag and racked the slide really hard, and wow, it worked. I was really glad that it worked, and pi$$ed that it did at the same time. He racked the whole magazine through it. I gave him the clip out of my pocket and thought this won't work for you, but he racked them all through without any jams. He told me not to baby it when I put a round in the chamber. I told him that I should be able to put the mag in and hit the slide release and it should chamber, so he did it, and it worked fine. I guess I just need to shoot it and get it broke in, but thankfully it is working fine. I also went ahead and purchased the G19 EXO. I sure love that EXO finish. Thanks for the comments, I look forward to this forum.

M14sRock 03-25-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjbartrom (Post 472219)
Ok, here's the story. The gun is brand new, factory mags and all. I tried loading it by sticking the mag in and hitting the slide release with 3 different types of ammo, JHP and FMJ. I also loaded the mag into the gun and pulled the slide back and released it, and the same thing happened. I tried it 10 times before I really started getting mad. With all this being said, I took it back to the place I bought it from and explained the problem. The guy at the desk told me he would bet money that it was me that was the problem. He loaded the mag and racked the slide really hard, and wow, it worked. I was really glad that it worked, and pi$$ed that it did at the same time. He racked the whole magazine through it. I gave him the clip out of my pocket and thought this won't work for you, but he racked them all through without any jams. He told me not to baby it when I put a round in the chamber. I told him that I should be able to put the mag in and hit the slide release and it should chamber, so he did it, and it worked fine. I guess I just need to shoot it and get it broke in, but thankfully it is working fine. I also went ahead and purchased the G19 EXO. I sure love that EXO finish. Thanks for the comments, I look forward to this forum.

Haha. Nothing more frustrating than seeing that, eh? Glad to hear you got it worked out.

When are we going to get the range report on your new Glocks? And don't skimp on the pics. :p We are a visual bunch at FTF.