GLOCK 26 firing issue with reloads - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > GLOCK 26 firing issue with reloads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 46 Posts

My G21 blew up in my hand after using lead reloads. Glocks were new at that time so the message of no lead was not as well spoken as it is now.
I have loaded 40, 45, 9, and 357 sig in my various Glocks with no problems for almost 10 years now. No issues with the brass or function after I ditched the lead.
I can't see why reloads are any more of an issue in a Glock over any other pistol even with the less supported chamber.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #12

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Just get a Lone Wolf or Storm Lake drop-in barrel and then you can shoot all the lead reloads you want.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2399 Times on 1296 Posts
Likes Given: 690

A lot of mfgs say no reloads. It is a safety issue and legal disclaimer. If your gun blows up it is your fault.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you all - I will consider myself "forewarned"...but I will continue to use MY reloads and accept all responsibility for any consequences....

On a side note (and I'm NOT calling anyone out on here) - I find it rather odd that a lot of folks keep spouting off the "don't use reloads" and they will absolutely trust a high dollar set of machines that pump out thousands of factory rounds hourly/daily and with minimal human input/observation...and yet, they cannot put any trust in someone who sits at a MUCH LESS expensive machine that does the same processes ONE ROUND at a time BUT has a human intently involved/focused in EVERY step - the ONLY difference between the two processes is that the case used in mass production is new - reloads typically are not...I'd trust MY reloads over any factory round simply because I have checked everything in every step before that round gets put into any of my guns...my point? I think its simply a disclaimer by the companies to keep them from having to repair a gun that has had a bad reload damage it. it is possible to get a bad factory round - its probably more likely to get one from a reload but i'd wager that most reloads that 'blow up' a weapon were due to the reloader attempting to get MAX performance from that round and pushed (or exceeded) the limits...something I have NEVER done. Safety first for me cuz its my body parts that are holding this potential "mini-bomb" ...lol...lastly, everyone have a SAFE and Wonderful Holiday today!!

Old 07-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Let us know where to send sympathy cards for your funeral.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

LOL...don't wait up for the news then...

Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #17

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz_dad View Post
I think its simply a disclaimer by the companies to keep them from having to repair a gun that has had a bad reload damage it.
Yeah. Another member has already made that statement. Just look a couple comments above.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #18

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I've been reading Glock related discussions on a wide variety of gun forums and, FWIW, the vast majority of the cases of some sort of catastrophic failure or significant malfunction is a result of using reloads. Perhaps everyone reporting problem is just an idiot who does not do a good job of reloading, or ... perhaps it is not a good to use reloads in Glocks.

YMMV.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

perhaps idiots shouldn't reload then....and by the same token, they shouldn't use Glocks (or any other weapon) either