Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 26 does not seem right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

Default Glock 26 does not seem right

Below is a picture of my glock 26 (left) and glock 23 (right) with the slides removed. I am not a gunsmith or an expert so I need some help here...

Middle of picture far left, the silver pointed rod that goes into slide seems bent towards the right, especially when compared to the glock 23 on the right.

What is this? Should I be concerned that its bent? Gun cycles and shoots fine but this is my CCW. I appreciate the help !

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I haven't pulled my 26 apart, but a quick check and my Model 19 has the same bend, so I wouldn't worry. If it would ease you mind I can check my 26?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart
I haven't pulled my 26 apart, but a quick check and my Model 19 has the same bend, so I wouldn't worry. If it would ease you mind I can check my 26?
If you do not mind I would greatly appreciate it. Seems odd that my 23 is straight...

Old 01-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

What is this? Should I be concerned that its bent? Gun cycles and shoots fine but this is my CCW. I appreciate the help !

I see no need for concern. “If it aint broke _________________”

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 01-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr

I see no need for concern. “If it aint broke _________________”
My concern would be that if this is not like it should be and a malfunction could arise due to it, I would hate for that to be in bad situation ...

Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #6

It's the ejector and it's supposed to be bent on the 9mm models. Different calibers require the ejector to be in a certain spot, so you will see varying degrees of bend across calibers.

The 40 case is wider, and so the ejector is farther out. The 9mm is narrower, so the ejector must be closer to the center of the pistol. Yours are in the correct spots. No need for concern.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-23-2012, 01:33 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7
It's the ejector and it's supposed to be bent on the 9mm models. Different calibers require the ejector to be in a certain spot, so you will see varying degrees of bend across calibers.

The 40 case is wider, and so the ejector is farther out. The 9mm is narrower, so the ejector must be closer to the center of the pistol. Yours are in the correct spots. No need for concern.

-Fred
Thank you sir ! Makes perfect sense now. I greatly appreciate it !