Glock 23 shooting unconsistantly
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 23 shooting unconsistantly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 23 shooting unconsistantly

my glock 23 doesnt shoot consistant even from a rest..anybody have any suggestions on what the problem could be

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #2

Adjust the nut behind the barrel.

Seriously, how about a more verbose description. I 'assume' that you're saying it groups inconsistently. If thats the case, my advice is to hand it to a seriously experienced Glock shooter and see how they do with it.

Most of the problems I see with Glocks are either A) aftermarket parts or B) poor fundamentals (sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, grip, etc).

Old 10-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #3

thanks alot i know a cop that is actually a glock instructor so i might have him take a few shots with it but i was wondering if i might be the bullets im currently shooting, which are non jacketed lead, and i just read in another forum that they should not be shot out of glocks because of the type of rifling in the barrel

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyd View Post
thanks alot i know a cop that is actually a glock instructor so i might have him take a few shots with it but i was wondering if i might be the bullets im currently shooting, which are non jacketed lead, and i just read in another forum that they should not be shot out of glocks because of the type of rifling in the barrel
Yah, cast bullets and Glocks don't get along so famously. They also foul up the barrel something fierce. Let him try it and switch ammo. Even wolf and WWB will run fine in both 9mm and .40 Glocks.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #5

While a Glock is a good service weapon it is not a target pistol. That goofy trigger thing they have(safety inside the trigger) I never got, it does not lend itself to target shooting and if you lightened it up it would be dangerous as a service pistol. And conversely a good target pistol with a target trigger does not lend itself as a service weapon. If you can run a full magazine through your Glock hitting a dinner plate every time during rapid fire at about 7 yards, I would suggest you buy a target pistol and use the Glock for which it was intended.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Never, ever ever shoot unjacketed bullets through a Glock!!!!!

Glock specifically warns against shooting plain lead bullets. Many believe this is one of the major causes of Kb's (Kabooms). Carefully clean the barrel with a good solvent and brass brush in the appropriate size and NEVER shoot lead again!

Glocks are not known for their match grade accuracy. They are service pistols. They are intended to be reasonably accurate and very reliable.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:30 PM   #7

yea i cleaned the barrel pretty good with barnes solvent that made specifically for removing copper, brass, and lead build up.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

No lead for the Glock factory barrel. Are you using 357sig ammo in your 40cal? Just thought I'd ask.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 AM   #9

Liked 243 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You can use a KleenBore LeadAway cloth cut into patches if need be to remove leading from the bore.
If you bench rest, rest your hands, not the gun on the bench .
Most people can't shoot the Glock with precision because they don't know how to operate the trigger :
1) It is a 2-stage trigger. First pull to the break point to take out the slack . Then increase pressure while keeping precise sight alinement . Forget about the trigger and watch the sights .
2) Surprise break . Do not take forever to sqeeze off the shot or you'll build anticipation and flinch.
3) Follow through by holding the trigger to the rear a split second . Watch the front sight rise straight up.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 AM   #10

i recently bought new bullets and found out that my old ones were the only problem cause i can shoot dead center through a soda can at 25 yards 9 out of 10 times