Glock 23 questions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 23 questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 23 questions?

Hi, my name is Matt and addicted to shooting. I don't need help with my addiction, I need help buying the right Glock. So I was think G23 for the soul purpose of being able to shoot a 40 s&w(my favorite round) and buying a .357 sig barrel so I can shoot as well, but my can I get a 9mm barrel and shoot with same functioning parts as a G23, if so or not, what would need to shoot a 9mm?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2012, 03:00 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGunFunkMatt
Hi, my name is Matt and addicted to shooting. I don't need help with my addiction, I need help buying the right Glock. So I was think G23 for the soul purpose of being able to shoot a 40 s&w(my favorite round) and buying a .357 sig barrel so I can shoot as well, but my can I get a 9mm barrel and shoot with same functioning parts as a G23, if so or not, what would need to shoot a 9mm?
Lone wolf makes a conversion bbl that swaps out to 9mm. Shouldnt have to change anything else

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #3

Liked 1029 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1028

The G23 is a great choice for many reasons including the easy barrel swap to the 357Sig and the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel. If you buy a Gen4 G23 there may be issues using the Lone Wolf barrel so check out their cautions.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #4

I now own a G23 gen4 it's the best handgun I've shot so far, does anyone have the Lone Wolf 9mm Conv. Kit? If so how is it? Does it jam? I read that they do for the gen4s.

Thanks everyone for all your help. If any of you guys live in Chicago, il, lets go shooting.

Last edited by MachineGunFunkMatt; 02-04-2012 at 06:23 AM.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #5

Quote:
I now own a G23 gen4 it's the best handgun I've shot so far, does anyone have the Lone Wolf 9mm Conv. Kit? If so how is it? Does it jam? I read that they do for the gen4s.

Thanks everyone for all your help. If any of you guys live in Chicago, il, lets go shooting.
I have both 9mm and 357 barrels from Lone Wolf for my Gen 3. The 9mm works great. Basically turns my 23 into a 19.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #6

I have the Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel arriving this week for my Gen 4. Check back for my thoughts.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Great gun. My first gun too and probably my favorite gun. Good luck man!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:28 AM   #8

I went to the range today with my glock23. It's a beautiful gun, the only thing I did like was the RTF it left marks on my hand after 28 rounds. I just ran up stairs to the gunsmith Alan and he gave me a cool rubber cover for my grip. Besides that at the 30 foot mark I had a nice 4 inch group. Shot 250 round today no jams no problems(not that I was expecting any). A buddy of mine got a awesome video of me shooting today. I'll try and upload it more sooner than later.

That's my word, thank you for reading. Keep me posted on the conversion when it comes.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #9

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Beautiful? Wanna borrow my glasses?

Hey, they're fine guns, but beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Old 02-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #10

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Beautiful? Wanna borrow my glasses?

Hey, they're fine guns, but beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...
Man I'm a Glock guy-but pretty ain't their strong suit

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy