Glock 23 Mods? suggestions!!! - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 23 Mods? suggestions!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
I know that based on all my past posts and my well known low opinion of Glocks this is going to sound like a Glack bashing post but honestly it's not. I just spent an hour reading every post on this thread and there are some good points. the thing I don't understand is why all the modifications? You take a $500-$600 (roughly) gun then spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars upgrading it. Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a better gun for $1,000+ dollars and have it be factory origional? Don't you risk loosing any warranty as soon as you put after market parts on a Glock? I'd rather just spend the extra money up front and have a Sig or another better quality gun.

This is not an attack on Glock. I just don't quite get the reasoning behind taking a gun of fair quality and spending hundreds of dollars to make it good quality when there are plenty of high quality guns available for probably less money that that Glock on steroids.

This post is like saying why buy a Camaro or Mustang when you could just as well buy a lamborghini. I guess the same could be said about every other firearm according to this post. Almost every firearm I have has some customization on it that will either help in shooting or making the firearm have a bit better comfortable use i.e.: grips, trigger, springs, etc etc etc.
Even if you have a Sig you can you can spend the money on that also. If you want to modify a Glock you are not putting hundreds of hundreds of dollars into it. I'm sure you could but I really do not see it being necessary to have a 24k gold plated slide, lol.
Buy what you want, can afford, and can be comfortable in shooting it...and if you want customize / enhance it you can do that later. To each his own I guess.

Seeing that this thread seems to becoming a Glock bashing thread, I must point out that Glock is a very good pistol on many accounts. People now a days jump on the band wagon bashing ride, or have the frame of mind to buy whatever this state or gov. dept has or that state or gov. dept is using.
Not saying that this site is (its been sometime since I was here) but I see it (gun / manufacture bashing) more and more lately on gun forums that seem to be full of kids, young people, and new firearm owners with minds that are eager to be filled and easily influenced.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam View Post
Gary, After reading your post I looked at the clock and realized that I had waste an hour of my life that I'll never get back. Seems to be a common mistake of youngsters that want to start shooting. They want to buy a gun and then make look like something they have seen on TV. Buy a quality gun and learn to shoot it well.
Some actually enjoy "tinkering" (gunsmithing, whatever you want to call it) on their firearms. I enjoy buying "lower" end firearms and then tinkering with them to make them MY own. If I buy a Wilson Combat 1911 (so we can get OFF of Glock's for a minute) what is there to play with other than grips??? May as well build it myself so I can design it how I want.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #43

Here are three great mods you can do to your Glock. I did them to my Glock 19 and they made a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Glock Extended Magazine Release
Glock 19 Extended Magazine Release Review

Glock Mag Well (Magazine Well)
Glock 19 Mag Well (Magazine Well) Review

Glock Extended Slide Stop Lever
Glock 19 Extended Slide Stop Lever GESSL01-A Review

Old 03-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #44

There is no need to mess with the take down levers or mag release in my opinion unless you have real large mittens. The only thing i done to mine is put te steel guide spring&rod