Glock 23 Mods? suggestions!!! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 23 Mods? suggestions!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Exactly, that looks fake. I saw a vid were the guy tied a glock to the back of his pickup and drove forever and never discharged

Old 09-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #32
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2872 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

What do these videos have to do with Glock mods?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-18-2010, 09:28 PM   #33

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

As stated, the Glock has three safeties. To take the safeties off, you have to fire the pistol.
First is the articulated trigger safety. Most all of us are aware of this one. The second is a firing pin safety. This little barrel shaped part has a groove midriff of the barrel. As you pull the trigger, a tab on the trigger bar raises this part until the groove is lined up with the firing pin hole and gives the striker/firing pin a straight shot at the primer. The third safety is what is called a drop safety. At rest, the cruciform/sear/drop safety tab rests in a slot that will allow only rearward travel. As the trigger is pressed the tab travels rearward in this slot until the sear is forced downward by the connector. At the same time the slot containing the drop safety tab becomes open at the bottom allowing the sear to to be forced down by the connector releasing the striker/firing pin.
Assuming the second pistol discharged by itself, the user has probably defeated the 2nd and 3rd safety.
The first pistol user is full of it unless he, too, defeated the safeties. Personally, I think it was staged. He pulled the trigger.
When I brought my G34 home, I immediately sought to make the 34 act like a 1911. Can't be done. Not without re-engineering the trigger bar and/or defeating safeties. I have to get used to it as it is.
I like the 34. I have worked up loads making a certain power factor and I will use it in competition. The trigger is too light for carry. It resides in the den with a full mag, but none in the chamber. Two 1911s are here also, a 10 rounder in each, one in the chambers, and cocked and locked. One, a lightweight commander, has been tuned for a no creep, crisp breaking trigger at a tad over 2#s. Yes, 2#s. And it has a safety. Two really. One is between my ears.
I am a competitor. IPSC some time ago. Cowboy, hard and hevy, for seven years. Every Saturday and Sunday. My SA pistols have 1.5# triggers. My rifle hs a 2# trigger. My shotgun is stiff but crisp.
No, the first page is insufficient. Ignorance should not have a place in firearm education. I am sure a few have learned some new stuff over these pages.
There is nothing wrong tuning a weapon as long as it is safe for the purpose intended.

Life is too short to drink cheap booze and argue with stupid people. SASS #29170L
McLeansville, NC by way of WV

Old 09-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #34

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Dan fl, I believe that the intended use of the video has actually brought attention to the fact that people who know how a Glock works think that the videos are setup and that ignorant people will become anti-gun and/or anti-Glock.
In regard to Glock mods, there are a few on the internet that show you how to make the Glock trigger act like a 1911. They should be sued because they are contributing to unsafe mods that defeat the safe action of the Glock. When you do these mods, you have a pistol that will fire from 2#s of trigger pressure and nothing, nothing preventing it other than one's finger.

Life is too short to drink cheap booze and argue with stupid people. SASS #29170L
McLeansville, NC by way of WV

Old 09-18-2010, 10:09 PM   #35

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A mod I have always thought about is the Alloy frames. I can't remember the company that does it, but they look sweet.
I am not a glock fan but I would buy one with Stainless frame.
It would look great the dark matte slide with stainless wolf barrel riding on a stainless frame.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I knew Subway's meat was made from Horse, I could taste it

Old 10-02-2010, 03:38 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinG23 View Post
hmmm....well said!!!! I have shot it and I luv it....maybe I'm just one of those techy ppl that wanna do stuff like add a Viridian Green Laser Sight for fun...lol idk I'm just in super vanity mode since this bad boy is only 3 days new to me!!!
My 23 is a week old...i know exactly how ya feel...not happy unless something is in the mail....on the way

These pretzels are makin' me thirsty. . .

Old 10-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #38

look what happens when you trip with ANY firearm in your hands (and your finger is on the trigger)

These pretzels are makin' me thirsty. . .

Old 10-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #39

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Why is everyone taking G37's post's so seriously?

You do realize he's being sarcastic, right?

Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #40

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
I know that based on all my past posts and my well known low opinion of Glocks this is going to sound like a Glack bashing post but honestly it's not. I just spent an hour reading every post on this thread and there are some good points. the thing I don't understand is why all the modifications? You take a $500-$600 (roughly) gun then spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars upgrading it. Wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a better gun for $1,000+ dollars and have it be factory origional? Don't you risk loosing any warranty as soon as you put after market parts on a Glock? I'd rather just spend the extra money up front and have a Sig or another better quality gun.

This is not an attack on Glock. I just don't quite get the reasoning behind taking a gun of fair quality and spending hundreds of dollars to make it good quality when there are plenty of high quality guns available for probably less money that that Glock on steroids.

Gary, After reading your post I looked at the clock and realized that I had waste an hour of my life that I'll never get back. Seems to be a common mistake of youngsters that want to start shooting. They want to buy a gun and then make look like something they have seen on TV. Buy a quality gun and learn to shoot it well.