Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 22 safeness

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 22 safeness

I bought my first handgun a few days ago and plan to try it out very soon. I purchased a used law enforcement glock 22. I've always thought of glock as top notch and am very excited for my purchase, but I've read a couple of articles and threads on the danger of this gun exploding. I tried to find examples and proof on the frequency and although I've read about some instances, the number of stories doesn't seem to be as great as some would lead you to believe. So I guess my question I'm asking is for your opinions on if there is something inherently dangerous about the glock 22 (or glocks in general, but the 22 seems to come up the most) or is it no more dangerous than other guns and it's just a very popular gun and because of the number of this gun out there a couple malfunctions are ineviteble in any firearm.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeRjon View Post
I bought my first handgun a few days ago and plan to try it out very soon. I purchased a used law enforcement glock 22. I've always thought of glock as top notch and am very excited for my purchase, but I've read a couple of articles and threads on the danger of this gun exploding. I tried to find examples and proof on the frequency and although I've read about some instances, the number of stories doesn't seem to be as great as some would lead you to believe. So I guess my question I'm asking is for your opinions on if there is something inherently dangerous about the glock 22 (or glocks in general, but the 22 seems to come up the most) or is it no more dangerous than other guns and it's just a very popular gun and because of the number of this gun out there a couple malfunctions are ineviteble in any firearm.
Glock 22 has a rep for KB because of the supposed high pressure of the .40 S&W round and the unsupported chamber. In reality it is probably an urban legend yet it is the subject of endless debate and discussion. Most KBs have been traced to improper hand loads and/or lead bullets (a supposed Glock no-no)

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #3

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Glock specifically says not to use handloads or lead bullets. You will be fine. Don't worry When it comes down to it, unless you buy a 1911, SOMEBODY will have soemthing bad to say about any gun. You bought a great gun and should be happy about your purchase!

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 08-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I put another couple hundred rounds through my Glock 22 Generation 3 tonight and still no Kaboom. I've been shooting this gun for a number of years, and by the way, I have never used anything but reloads in it. I have always used jacketed or plated bullets when reloading for all my handguns.

If and when the dang thing finally does blow up I guess I'll have to buy another striker style firearm, probably a Model 22 Generation 4.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.