Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 22 questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
mit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 22 questions?

I just recently purchased a Glock 22. After I bought the gun (from Cabela's) the local gunshop owner is telling me about all the problems police dept. are having with this model, ( stovepiping, unsupported chamber) He even said that the polymer frame is identical to the Glock 17 9mm and cannot take the toque of the .40 cal. cartridge. Are these problems legit, and if they are is there anything I can upgrade that will solve the problems?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2010, 04:36 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Several officers on my department carry G22's and I am the Department's Glock Armorer and I do not know of any wide spread problems like you are being told about. There are a lot of Glock supporters and a lot of Glock nay-sayers. That's why there are different models of guns just like there are different models of cars.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #3

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The problems with the frames occured in the 1st gen 40's.

As for partially supported chamber... Unless you plan on shooting full pressure or +P handloads, it will never be an issue.

Tell that dealer to suck a fart, cause he's trying to get you to buy something from him.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #4

The only problem I have heard "police wise" is that the glock 22 caused some problems when shooting speer gold dot 165gr and the gun had a flashlight attached. Other than that the only problem I have heard is the whinning from people who doesn't follow directions like no using reloads or non metal jacket bullets (kabooms). I have been a witness of the reliability, simplicity and durability of the Glock. Don't worry or sweat it.

P.d. you open this thread and you are gonna get some of this guys start bitching about the glock. Pay no attention. Lol.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #5

Glocks are great handguns. It's a Chevy vs. Ford question.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #6
mit

He was trying to get me to buy a S&W M.P. which I have to admit has a much better trigger. But I love my Glock it shoots great. I was just concearned after hearing what he said about it. "The chevy vs. Ford question" both of them have their quality and their lemons, just making sure I didn't buy a lemon.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #7

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit View Post
He was trying to get me to buy a S&W M.P. which I have to admit has a much better trigger. But I love my Glock it shoots great. I was just concearned after hearing what he said about it. "The chevy vs. Ford question" both of them have their quality and their lemons, just making sure I didn't buy a lemon.
The only M&P I like is the PRO9.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?