Glock 22 explosions?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 22 explosions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock 22 explosions?

I'm about to buy a 3rd gen Glock 22, but my friend keeps turning me off to the gun because he claims they explode (something about the thin metal around the chamber)

What's the real deal with Glocks exploding? Is this something I should be worried about? Why is it only the Glock 22 that explodes?

I figured you guys could help fill me in because you have probably shot Glocks alot more than I have. (I've never fired a Glock, nor have I seen someone fire one in person).

Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to being a Glock owner.

-Indy

Last edited by indyfan; 08-19-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't heard anything about Glocks exploding???

TACTICAL22.NET,NRA, VCDL

Old 08-19-2010, 06:44 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Indy,

Almost all makes and models of weapons have, at one time or another, had a KB. There are a lot of Glocks out there and yes, some have KB'ed. Most of the problems have been traced back to the ammo. I personally had a S & W revolver KB on me. If you use good quality ammo you shouldn't have a problem. Early versions of the 22's had a few problems, but those issues have been addressed. Alot of it has to do with the ballistics of the .40 cal. The 22 Gen 3 is not any more dangerous than any other semi if fired responsibly. Before you buy any weapon, try a few at a range, if possible. If not, try holding a few different ones at the store to see what one feels the best in your hand. Only you can decide which one is the best for your needs.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 08-20-2010, 02:49 AM   #4

Replace the barrel in ANY Glock with a Lone Wolff barrel and you solve the "issue".

Glock factory barrels are NOT heat treated, like every other manufacturers pistol barrels.

A Long Wolff barrel is heat treated stainless steel and will easily handle reloads and lead bullets.

Google Glock KB is you wish to see LOTS of photos !

Old 08-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Glocks got the kaboom label mainly do it's unsupported chamber. There have been failures of this nature but you look at the overall supply of Glocks out there compared to the KB issues and it's pretty small. I don't think you will have any problem with a Glock going grenade unless you are using some way over pressure ammo like a bad hand load. I'm no Glock fan but true is true. Just about every type weapon out there has had failures of this type. You have to look at how many compared to the number of weapons out there and weather or not some other variable was involved.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson