Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock .22??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-22-a-92970/)

GlockRenegade 06-27-2013 02:58 AM

Glock .22???

I wish Glock would make a gun chambered in .22. It would be nice and slim. Something my daughter or kids could easily handle. Thoughts??

jaguar88xj6 06-27-2013 12:25 PM

I think Glock is smart staying away from .22's. Even S&W, Ruger and almost any other manufacturer has problems with thier slide action .22's. It just does'nt have the power to reliably cycle a slide action gun. It's rare to find one that won't mis cycle. The Ruger MK series are the only ones, being bolt action, that are really reliable. Glock has a rep for reliability and would soon loose it with a slide action .22.

yogiboobooranger 07-01-2013 01:40 PM

There is a Glock clone..the ISSC M-22 that is available. Very Glock like in appearance and handling but has an external safety.

danolator 07-01-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaguar88xj6
I think Glock is smart staying away from .22's. Even S&W, Ruger and almost any other manufacturer has problems with thier slide action .22's. It just does'nt have the power to reliably cycle a slide action gun. It's rare to find one that won't mis cycle. The Ruger MK series are the only ones, being bolt action, that are really reliable. Glock has a rep for reliability and would soon loose it with a slide action .22.

Agree that Glock should not make a .22lr gun. Beg to differ a little on the other. I have a Ruger SR22 and it cycles just fine. I put 100 rounds of Ely subsonic through it the other day. Even that cycled flawlessly.

Axxe55 07-01-2013 06:27 PM

does anyone make a 22 rimfire conversion kit for any of the Glocks?

just curious.

Fathead00 07-01-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
does anyone make a 22 rimfire conversion kit for any of the Glocks?

just curious.

There is a kit which around 300-400 dollars!! I can't remember the company though.

Overkill0084 07-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaguar88xj6 (Post 1288277)
I think Glock is smart staying away from .22's. Even S&W, Ruger and almost any other manufacturer has problems with thier slide action .22's. It just doesn't have the power to reliably cycle a slide action gun. It's rare to find one that won't mis cycle. The Ruger MK series are the only ones, being bolt action, that are really reliable. Glock has a rep for reliability and would soon loose it with a slide action .22.

You've never shot a CZ Kadet Kit. Several thousand rounds and the only malfunctions were ammo related, and only a couple of those. IMHO, conversion kits are not any simpler to engineer even if they use .22 ammo. A good .22 conversion isn't cheap. $320 on up for the Kadet kit depending on sourcing. There are Glock kits out there, but they aren't cheap either. They may or may not be reliable, I don't know. There is no good reason they couldn't be, it simply depends on quality of the product.

FYI: Nearly all .22 semi autos (conversion kits too) are Simple Blowback designs. Be it Ruger, Browning, CZ or other, they are all variations of the same principle.
Slide action: See pump action.
Bolt action: See Bolt action

GlockRenegade 07-02-2013 06:15 PM

Didn't know about Glock .22 conversions, will check them out just to see.

I hav shot my buddies Walther, p22 I believe? Little semi-auto, has worked great through the few hundred rounds I've fired.

Kraj 07-15-2013 07:32 PM

I had one made by advantage arms for my 19. Worked great, never had problems with the advantage arms mags. Mags made by other people were a different story