Glock 22 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockStar
What's the benefit of the titanium replacements?
Pretty much just longer service life

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #22

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockStar
Pretty much just longer service life, also claims to make the gun cycle smoother although its not a noticable difference

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 09-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockStar View Post
Supposed to help smooth up the trigger pull. They are fairly cheap so I put them in both of mine. Seemed to help a little bit, but nothing too drastic. Maybe if I did the titanium striker too it would be more noticeable.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #24

Liked 980 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 984

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockStar View Post
That's a question I've labored over too. So far I'm sticking with the originals in my G22 and G23 but I hear a lot of advice to get the titanium guide rod. I don't think the stock polymer would break since millions of rounds have been shot with them but I do have to say they look a little flimsy compared to my other semiautos with metal guide rods.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
That's a question I've labored over too. So far I'm sticking with the originals in my G22 and G23 but I hear a lot of advice to get the titanium guide rod. I don't think the stock polymer would break since millions of rounds have been shot with them but I do have to say they look a little flimsy compared to my other semiautos with metal guide rods.
I didn't have to worry with the guide rod because both of my Glocks have the captured double recoil spring and I've been happy with it on both. I did do the safety plunger on both, but I'm not sure whether I would do it on any others I get in the future.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #26

Has anyone used the holster that is iwb that has a large back panel. To me I tools like it would stick up to far to allow the gun to be concealed.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockguy22 View Post
Has anyone used the holster that is iwb that has a large back panel. To me I tools like it would stick up to far to allow the gun to be concealed.
I assume you're talking about something like the Crossbreed Supertuck.

I carry my Glock 26 every day in one and love it. Most of those types of holsters have 4 adjustment holes down either side of the holster so that you can adjust both the height and cant of the holster. I would recommend a Supertuck with no reservations. However, just recently another company was brought to my attention who has a holster very similar and quality and style to the supertuck, but at a lower cost, and that is Theis Holsters. Here's a link. Take a look at the two and you decide.

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

On a side note, if you live somewhere that's either hot, humid or both, I would recommend the horse hide. It costs more, but is worth it. It doesn't allow as much sweat to transfer through the holster to the weapon, and with these types of holsters you have the potential to sweat a good amount.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #28

FCross7, regarding your statement above in reference to dual/captive recoil spring assemblies, are you talking about Gen4's, if so, are you aware that Glock is doing a volunteer replacement for their new and improved versions.
Also, I've been using a Lone Wolf stainless guide rod in my G22 for a few thousand rounds, and have no complaints.
I can also recommend the Crossbreed holster, as I have been carrying one for about a year now. It's a good, sturdy holster. Make sure you wear a good belt, and wear it tight to help with concealment. I have fallen asleep with mine on before, and woke up 8 hours later still wearing it- it's that comfortable.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by afi1
FCross7, regarding your statement above in reference to dual/captive recoil spring assemblies, are you talking about Gen4's, if so, are you aware that Glock is doing a volunteer replacement for their new and improved versions.
One is a Gen4, model 17, but the other is a 26. I knew they had trouble with the initial run of the springs, but I saw an article on it and mine has the second notch in the end, meaning it's one of the newer springs. That was the last I heard anyhow. Have they changed them for a second time?

Thanks for the info though. It's good to get it out as I'm sure there are others on this forum with the problem springs and are unaware of the free exchange.

-Fred

-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #30

Recoil Spring Exchange Program | GLOCK USA