Glock 22.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 22.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 22.

I have decided, that is the way to go, after going over to my mothers friends house. Her husband had a G22, Fit like a glove, and felt so damn sexy! Earlier I was looking at a Springfield XD, a Glock just feels better in my opinion. Need a job before I buy though, then I am off to the range!

"Change isn't good or bad. It just is." - Don Draper

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you want something that looks and feels sexy try the Beretta px4.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat4sti View Post
If you want something that looks and feels sexy try the Beretta px4.
I like how the Glock is a bit more squared off.

Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2993 Times on 1560 Posts
Likes Given: 278

If you actually LIKE how the Glock feels you are one of a small handful of people on Earth. Many tolerate the feel of a Glock, but few actually like it.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
I like how the Glock is a bit more squared off.
Which is why i didn't like it. Then try a xd, i am sure some people here will agree.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 AM   #6

Now to talk about something I fear about Glocks, I know glock has about 3 safety features. But holstering the firearm, I have a fear that keeps playing through my head that the trigger safety will get hung up on something and fire a round off into my leg while trying to holster it.

This fear may come with being uneducated about CWP rules, which is probably never leave your firearm cocked?!?!
Regardless still scares the crap out of me!

I'm currently reconsidering my thoughts on the Glock, I think I could sleep better at night with it over my head or travel with a holstered with it if I had a Manual safety. Time to get over look, and think about safety features and how comfortable the firearm is to me. Beretta Px4 is actually very nice, and has a good review at GunDirectory.com. May have found my new pistol.

Last edited by NymphoGnome; 06-02-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:32 AM   #7

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by NymphoGnome View Post
Now to talk about something I fear about Glocks, I know glock has about 3 safety features. But holstering the firearm, I have a fear that keeps playing through my head that the trigger safety will get hung up on something and fire a round off into my leg while trying to holster it.

This fear may come with being uneducated about CWP rules, which is probably never leave your firearm cocked?!?!
Regardless still scares the crap out of me!

I do like the shape of the Beretta Px4 and XD, but I haven't held them to no clue if I like either yet just by feel.
The safety setup on the XD is similar to the Glock. An uncocked striker fired pistol is no more useful than a hammer for self defense, with proper attention to finger placement when reholstering a Glock is no more likely to discharge than any other handgun. BTW, most 1911 pistols are carried fully "cocked and locked," as they say.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
The safety setup on the XD is similar to the Glock. An uncocked striker fired pistol is no more useful than a hammer for self defense, with proper attention to finger placement when reholstering a Glock is no more likely to discharge than any other handgun. BTW, most 1911 pistols are carried fully "cocked and locked," as they say.
I'd feel safer with a manual safety, Im still new to guns, I am sure later on I could grow accustom to Glock safety setups.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I got a px4 and love it. so do my friends. it is a great gun and the decocker is a cool little feature and comes in handy to carry cocked and locked. I recently changed out the back strap to the smaller one and it fits even better. all in all i saw its a great gun.

Old 06-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Springfield XD has a manual thumb safety model...jussayin

Springfield Armory Hand Guns (Pistols) spr xd 45acp 4 thumb safety 10rd-xdpistols.com

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.