Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 22. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-22-a-27763/)

NymphoGnome 06-01-2010 03:48 AM

Glock 22.

I have decided, that is the way to go, after going over to my mothers friends house. Her husband had a G22, Fit like a glove, and felt so damn sexy! Earlier I was looking at a Springfield XD, a Glock just feels better in my opinion. Need a job before I buy though, then I am off to the range!

Flat4sti 06-01-2010 05:15 AM

If you want something that looks and feels sexy try the Beretta px4.

NymphoGnome 06-01-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat4sti (Post 293106)
If you want something that looks and feels sexy try the Beretta px4.

I like how the Glock is a bit more squared off.

robocop10mm 06-01-2010 03:44 PM

If you actually LIKE how the Glock feels you are one of a small handful of people on Earth. Many tolerate the feel of a Glock, but few actually like it.

Flat4sti 06-01-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NymphoGnome (Post 293178)
I like how the Glock is a bit more squared off.

Which is why i didn't like it. Then try a xd, i am sure some people here will agree.

NymphoGnome 06-02-2010 05:04 AM

Now to talk about something I fear about Glocks, I know glock has about 3 safety features. But holstering the firearm, I have a fear that keeps playing through my head that the trigger safety will get hung up on something and fire a round off into my leg while trying to holster it.

This fear may come with being uneducated about CWP rules, which is probably never leave your firearm cocked?!?!
Regardless still scares the crap out of me!

I'm currently reconsidering my thoughts on the Glock, I think I could sleep better at night with it over my head or travel with a holstered with it if I had a Manual safety. Time to get over look, and think about safety features and how comfortable the firearm is to me. Beretta Px4 is actually very nice, and has a good review at GunDirectory.com. May have found my new pistol.

Jpyle 06-02-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NymphoGnome (Post 293596)
Now to talk about something I fear about Glocks, I know glock has about 3 safety features. But holstering the firearm, I have a fear that keeps playing through my head that the trigger safety will get hung up on something and fire a round off into my leg while trying to holster it.

This fear may come with being uneducated about CWP rules, which is probably never leave your firearm cocked?!?!
Regardless still scares the crap out of me!

I do like the shape of the Beretta Px4 and XD, but I haven't held them to no clue if I like either yet just by feel.

The safety setup on the XD is similar to the Glock. An uncocked striker fired pistol is no more useful than a hammer for self defense, with proper attention to finger placement when reholstering a Glock is no more likely to discharge than any other handgun. BTW, most 1911 pistols are carried fully "cocked and locked," as they say.

NymphoGnome 06-02-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 293607)
The safety setup on the XD is similar to the Glock. An uncocked striker fired pistol is no more useful than a hammer for self defense, with proper attention to finger placement when reholstering a Glock is no more likely to discharge than any other handgun. BTW, most 1911 pistols are carried fully "cocked and locked," as they say.

I'd feel safer with a manual safety, Im still new to guns, I am sure later on I could grow accustom to Glock safety setups.

Flat4sti 06-05-2010 02:36 PM

I got a px4 and love it. so do my friends. it is a great gun and the decocker is a cool little feature and comes in handy to carry cocked and locked. I recently changed out the back strap to the smaller one and it fits even better. all in all i saw its a great gun.

mcramer 06-05-2010 02:55 PM

The Springfield XD has a manual thumb safety model...jussayin :)

Springfield Armory Hand Guns (Pistols) spr xd 45acp 4 thumb safety 10rd-xdpistols.com