Glock 21, Glock 30, or Glock 36
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 21, Glock 30, or Glock 36

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 21, Glock 30, or Glock 36

I really want to own a glock and i like the .45 acp round but glock makes 3 chambered in .45 acp. I don't have cc license and I don't really plan on getting one either. I would just like to go out and shoot targets and such with my friends what would be the recommended model for me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnossaman View Post
I really want to own a glock and i like the .45 acp round but glock makes 3 chambered in .45 acp. I don't have cc license and I don't really plan on getting one either. I would just like to go out and shoot targets and such with my friends what would be the recommended model for me.
A

Makes as much sense as asking me what you want,......right?

Go to the gun store, shop, smith, range or any where you can find them and try 'em on for size. Spend a little $ renting to save a lot $ buying The One! Not getting The One on your first gun purchase will drive you nuts, and poor!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #3

You do have a point. But if i buy a Colt it will be an original 1911, and that is another purchase for when i am no longer in college, since they're a little pricey.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #4

For target shooting, you're better off with a 21, but as has been mentioned, test fire, or at least hold one first. There's nothing worse than buying a gun and then finding out that you don't like the way it fits your hand, or you don't like the trigger feel.

Old 02-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
at least hold one first
This is extra important with the Glock 21, because it has a large grip that turns alot of people away from it. They make the 21SF model, which has a slimmer grip (front to back). I think the 21 would be your best choice if you are not going to carry concealed.

I like the 30 a little more than the 36 because I can't get over the magazine capacity of the 36...if I only wanted a couple of bullets I could carry a Smith 442 or a Kahr PM40, and having something more concealable. That being said any of the three .45ACP Glocks are very good pistols.

I would also encourage you to check out the Springfield XD & the Smith M&P. Both are very good polymer, striker-fired guns like the Glocks and are in the same price range. The grips are slimmer, and you may find them more comfortable in your hand if you don't like the feel of the Glock 21.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill