Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 20 to .50 GI?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 20 to .50 GI?

Quote:
Guncrafter has had this kit for sale for awhile. Long before Obama ran for President.
Yes, SIR-I am fully aware of when the kit came out-thank you. Which is why I said "sue-happy LAWYERS" (Obama IS an attorney, after all). As was/are both the Clinton's-who were in office (unfortunately for the cause of freedom) way before Guncrafter became a company.

.50 cal-nothing like that big hole in a felon's face, to stop hostilities in their tracks!

Thanks, brother-

Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 50gi review with glock 21sf frame

Hello everyone..

Just recieved my 50gi Conversion for my glock 21sf with an order of some SCHP Ammo and Regular Jacketed Ball ammo.For those of you who are curious about price and availability..Ammo starts anywhere between $21-$36 per 20rounds..also ammo is available on a few online stores such as Impactguns.com or guncrafter industries or Corbon,My local pawn shop has few instock currently here in houston .So I started to get impatiant and couldnt wait tomorrow to do some shooting and tests..so i took her out and cycled a few rounds through her today..Since i dont have any Balistic gelatin on hand..I divided 10 phone books and taped them up together measuring a total of 10.1 inches per stack..Then i filled a bucket up with some water & soapy laundry detergent and soaked the phone books in there for 20 minutes... After getting it all soggy and mushy ...I stood it up on a stand at about the same level as me... My first shot i fired using 185gr Solid Copper Hollow points traveling at 1200fps at a distance of 7ft..Recoil on this round is on par with a .45+P...When the bullet entered it ended up over penetrated the phone books and exited with a devastating blow knocking the phone book off the ledge with pretty much mutilating and mincing up the exit way....Something i never saw my 10mm do using Double Tap Nosler Jacketed Hollow points Tested at 1600fps....Since it was no use using the same phone book i took the second one out but this time i stood 18ft away and fired another shot..this shot stopped at the end of the 4th phone book which measured a depth of 8 inches..Below i have posted a few photos of the bullet expanding out at over an inch ..I have also made a comparison of it with a .25cent Quarter...I must say i was extremely impressed with these results...Ive never seen a bullet fan out like this one did in a handgun...Even when i shoot my .454, the bullets dont even expand this much even though the .454 is much more powerful and capable of shooting a Barnes X bullet at 2000fps..I am now a huge fan of this round and i will definnately be using this as an option of my new Conceal Carry Weapon other than my 10mm...My next test will be some gold dots and hornadys.....I have them on order to be made by Corbon.. ..Hope you guys enjoy the pics

comparison2.jpg   50gi2.jpg   50gi3.jpg   50gi1.jpg   glock502.jpg  

Old 10-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Nice username, lol.

How long will the frame last shooting that massive round?

Intro yourself!!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

More than likely the frame should hold up for well over a lifetime..The 50gi pressures are loaded similar to the .45acp some rounds will be equal to the .45+P ...If a glock can handle a powerful 10mm traveling at 1600fps , it will more than likely hold up to the the 50gi...So far i havent had any issues with it..I will be doing further tests later on..

Oh yes i got my user name from a movie called the The Feast 3

Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanClaudeSegal View Post
More than likely the frame should hold up for well over a lifetime..The 50gi pressures are loaded similar to the .45acp some rounds will be equal to the .45+P ...If a glock can handle a powerful 10mm traveling at 1600fps , it will more than likely hold up to the the 50gi...So far i havent had any issues with it..I will be doing further tests later on..

Oh yes i got my user name from a movie called the The Feast 3

Good for you and thanks for that valuable information. Then I take by what you have stated as further testing, you will be taking that Glock 21 out to the range and shooting the dogsh!t out of it with those .50's, yes? I am talking 1000-2000 rounds at a time, minimum. That would be a real test for that Glock 21sf. Please keep us informed here on the pistol's function, issues and maintenance after the shootings.

Also, could you please swing by the Introductions thread and tell us about yourself and firearms interests, so the members here can welcome you in.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 AM   #16

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I sent a brief intro of myself from the link you posted...

Currently i am awaiting some new Corbon loads that are being made for the 50Gi ..I wanna test and make sure that there is no cycling issues from any Ammo manufacturer with this conversion..The Glock is known for its Strength and Reliablity when it is needed..So basically i want to be able to trust my life with this gun if i ever need it in a stick situation..

Old 10-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

looks like a one-shot stop....serious bullet.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:55 AM   #18
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1688 Times on 965 Posts
Likes Given: 3454

A few of the gun mags have been discussing the Glock 20/21 conversion, as well as the 1911 (Too expensive kit - almost $3000). I am seriously thinking on the Glock 20 and the conversion kit!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

the 10mm has better terminal ballistic properties than the .50.

also, in the cold, i rather use a polymer frame than a steel one.

reason is polymer doesn't catch the cold like steel may, and the glock is crazily reliable in all aspect.

but i would never ever make a conversion for that .50 round with the G20 frame as host. the G20 is thicker in some crucial area to accomodate the 10mm round, not the .50.....many years ago i had a G20, and as many G20 of the second gen, the frame cracked behind the chamber but i must say i used some hot realoads in it , perfectly aware of what might happen on the long run. it happened lolol...

Old 10-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

The 10mm Has great balistics...Doubletap ammo that i use out of my GLock29 do a great job penetrating and expanding in wetpacks...But i want everyone to remember that the 50Gi is not really loaded at Magnum levels as the 50AE or 500 S&W..The hottest round currently available for the 50gi is 185gr Copper Hollowpoints traveling at 1200fps which is borderline magnum levels ...everything else is slower..The difference that i see between the 50gi and 10mm is expansion in the rounds...Below i have posted the results and pics.