Glock 19 vs Sig 320c
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock 19 vs Sig 320c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 11:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 19 vs Sig 320c

Going to buy my first pistol this summer and trying to see what I'm going to get. I shot both of them a lot of times both feel great in my hands love the way they shoot. My only issue is mag prices I see sig for $45 and glock magpul mags for $15. What should I get?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5814 Times on 3873 Posts
Likes Given: 3005

Shoot both for a baseline score, back-to-back. Standing, two hand grip, 10 rounds at 7 yards. If unsure, repeat at 10 yards. Go with the winner.

Things like custom options (Glock) or swapping sizes (SIG) are not a big deal, normally. Nothing substitutes for better shooting. Glocks in particular benefit little from most upgrades, no matter how expensive. The modular SIG platform was really designed for the European customer who cannot buy a lot of handguns.

Mag prices don't matter much for getting started. You only shoot one at a time. After shooting two full mags, it is good to pause and reload.

Last edited by Mercator; 06-18-2016 at 04:35 AM.
kbd512 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1797 Times on 1011 Posts
Likes Given: 784

Unless magazine prices amount to a substantial portion of the purchase price of a firearm, usability (for you) should be a far more important selection criteria, as Merc already suggested.

How many pistol magazines will you use for practice and training?

I have six (three came with my Glock) and that seems to be plenty.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #4

I did the 10 round test at 7 yards both pretty equal. I shoot both really well and love both. I want at least 12 mags. Only because like to train with my plate carrier and my leg rig that's 6 pistol mags. I want 3 defense mags for carrying and home defense (that includes the mag in the firearm) and 3 indoor range training mags. Don't want always unload and change mags. Then alternate them every so often.

Old 06-18-2016, 12:37 PM   #5

Liked 3280 Times on 1949 Posts
Likes Given: 834

It really will come down to what you like best. If you reall are going to run around in Tac gear with 12 mags then the mag price is a factor, but not huge. For most Sig pistols, MecGar comes out with mags with their brand name on them instead of "Sig" on them and they with Rubin the $20-30 range.

If shooting themat close range didn't separate them for you, do like Merc recommended and push the targets back until you se a difference.

Also, look at natural point of aim. Pick a spot on a target while you are at the range and extend your arm and point at that spot with your hand at eye level. Pick up a pistol and raise it to point at the target while your eyes are closed. If it is pretty close to where you were pointing and the sights are pretty close to aligned, then that is the pistol that fits best. You won't have to "muscle" it to aim well. During extended range sessions with body armor and a couple hundred rounds loaded in those 12 mags you want as little additional muscle fatigue as you can generate.

Old 06-18-2016, 01:13 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10789 Times on 5759 Posts
Likes Given: 10540

I like the SIG better, but if buying today, I would get the Glock and a dozen magazines. (while you can still get magazines.)
History fails to record a single precedent in which nations subject to moral decay have not passed into political and economic decline. There has been either a spiritual awakening to overcome the moral lapse, or a progressive deterioration leading to ultimate national disaster.
Douglas MacArthur

If you think a strong military is expensive, think about what a weak one would cost

Old 06-18-2016, 06:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1663 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 1661

You alone must make the decision, there has to be something about the Sig or G19 you like better. Both are fine choices and it's hard to say either is a mistake, only you can make the choice for yourself. Myself, I like the Glock 19 because they're good, I shoot well with them, they're easy to work on and parts/accessories are everywhere.

I prefer factory magazines over aftermarket so I went with Glock over Magpul, even though Magpul makes fine products. Mec-Gar likely makes the Sig mags, many factory mags are rebranded Mec-Gar so I'd not worry about saving a few bucks with Mec-Gar if you go with the Sig. If the Sig mags say made in Italy that's a big clue who made them.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 06-18-2016, 07:03 PM   #8

Liked 290 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 326

you posted in the Glock forum...I think your subliminal mind has already made the choice for you

I have both glock and sig and I personally like the Sig a bit better...but if you wait a week, you will find yourself thinking about one more than the other...that is your choice.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
-Albert Einstein

Old 06-18-2016, 11:15 PM   #9

Liked 3280 Times on 1949 Posts
Likes Given: 834

I wouldn't be much help other than what I offered. I'm a pretty inclusive gun owner who has met very few guns he didn't like. Glock, Sig, Beretta, CZ and 1911s are among my favorites. Any would serve well.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #10

Liked 43 Times on 35 Posts

He posted the same thing in the sig forum