Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 19 Gen4 Recoil Slide Spring

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Glock 19 Gen4 Recoil Slide Spring

I am planning on getting a Glock 19 Gen4 and I've done a lot of research. Now one of the things I've heard is that the plastic recoil spring slide rod brakes sometimes, so inherently I want to get a stainless steal one. The other issue is that the 9mm guns, like the 19, have the 03 spring that weighs 17lbs and is too strong for lighter loads and causes FTFs and FTLs. I plan on using cheep ammo, like federal. I know that Glock recalled the springs and sent all new guns out with 04 springs. Now the question I have is if I buy a stainless steal rod from lets say Glockmeister.com, do they use 03 or 04 springs? Do any of you have a stainless steal rod to sagest?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No response....

Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #3

Liked 926 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 902

Nothing really wrong with the plastic guide, millions of rounds have been fired through countless Glocks using them and they rarely break. For that reason I haven't researched aftermarket RSAs. Sorry, I don't know which weight spring GM uses.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhaleNoises
I am planning on getting a Glock 19 Gen4 and I've done a lot of research. Now one of the things I've heard is that the plastic recoil spring slide rod brakes sometimes, so inherently I want to get a stainless steal one. The other issue is that the 9mm guns, like the 19, have the 03 spring that weighs 17lbs and is too strong for lighter loads and causes FTFs and FTLs. I plan on using cheep ammo, like federal. I know that Glock recalled the springs and sent all new guns out with 04 springs. Now the question I have is if I buy a stainless steal rod from lets say Glockmeister.com, do they use 03 or 04 springs? Do any of you have a stainless steal rod to sagest?
I have the lone wolf stainless guide rod in my g17. Made a slight difference in muzzle flip as well. The good thing about them is you can change out the spring weight at any time. The factory guide rod should be replaced after 3000 rounds. They hold up pretty good for polymer. I just bought the 17lb spring with my stainless rod and have shot some of my reloads made with 124 grn fmj with vihtavouri powder and no problems whatsoever. Even loading on the lightest end I had not one problem. I think you'll be fine with the stock 17lb spring.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Last edited by g17frantz; 10-10-2011 at 02:54 AM.