Glock 19 Gen3 v. Gen4. - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 19 Gen3 v. Gen4.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

It will be interesting to see how the ceracote holds up on the plastic over time.

__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HOSSFLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lufkin,Tx
Posts: 6,932
Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Pictures as promised...
Have not shot it yet.
Hey!
That looks EXACTLY like my 19---What are the odds
__________________

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

HOSSFLY is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #53
KJL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I have a G17 gen 4 and a G21 gen 3 with a firedragon dual action recoil spring. There is NO difference in the recoil between the two guns. I would have to say firedragon does a much better job on the springs than Glocl.


Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

__________________
KJL is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,152
Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

What pushed my into the Gen 4 was the Gen 3 has also been revamped. The Gen 4 has been out for four years, all the bugs are worked out of it. I never installed any of the shims for the grip because the gun fit me as is. The only issue I have had with the gun is powder residue mixed in with the grease that is applied to the barrel at the factory. A good cleaning fixed that issue. CLP Powder Blast removed the factory grease without any effort.

__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
What pushed my into the Gen 4 was the Gen 3 has also been revamped. The Gen 4 has been out for four years, all the bugs are worked out of it. I never installed any of the shims for the grip because the gun fit me as is. The only issue I have had with the gun is powder residue mixed in with the grease that is applied to the barrel at the factory. A good cleaning fixed that issue. CLP Powder Blast removed the factory grease without any effort.
I have 300-400 round through the gun, no issues but ammo does seem to
make a difference. Have not reloaded for it yet, need to get a conventionally
rifled barrel for it so I can shoot cast lead boolits.

Federal Hollowpoint group nicely for CC-PD.
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,152
Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I have 300-400 round through the gun, no issues but ammo does seem to
make a difference. Have not reloaded for it yet, need to get a conventionally
rifled barrel for it so I can shoot cast lead boolits.

Federal Hollowpoint group nicely for CC-PD.
Someone mentioned midway has 9mm plated bullets for 1.4 cents each in another thread. At that price I would save my lead for hard times. Check the reloading section. The thread is just a few days old.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kankakee County,Illinois
Posts: 1,766
Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Someone mentioned midway has 9mm plated bullets for 1.4 cents each in
another thread. At that price I would save my lead for hard times. Check the
reloading section. The thread is just a few days old.
I am not a fan of plated bullets, just personal experience.
Lead is not a problem for me at this time... Time is...
__________________
An Armed man is a Citizen,
An Unarmed man is a Subject. -- Unknown

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Shade is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:07 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
John_Deer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,152
Liked 1600 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I am not a fan of plated bullets, just personal experience.
Lead is not a problem for me at this time... Time is...
I was browsing midway looking for the 1.4 cents a bullet deal. I think his math is fuxored. I do believe he omitted a digit. I saw a lot of FMJ and plated bullets for ten to fourteen cents each, nothing near a penny. Most of the plated bullets were Ranier brand. The best deal was Hornady HP target bullets.
__________________

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

John_Deer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Glock 22 (gen3 or gen4)? Trombo1 Glock Forum 7 08-06-2013 09:53 AM
glock 19 gen3 or glock 19 gen4 ajs19ad6 General Handgun Discussion 14 10-03-2012 05:29 AM
Glock 19 GEN3 Test Fire Dates? larryis1 Glock Forum 3 03-03-2012 03:57 PM
Glock model26 Gen3 vs Gen4 shooterm26 General Handgun Discussion 11 02-17-2012 12:36 PM
New Gen3 Glock 27 lyodbraun Glock Forum 8 01-26-2012 05:54 PM