You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock 19 Gen 4 legal in MA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
You can get those new for 550 in sc but of course you have those selling for 700 used! I would take that gun back and ask where the 5 gen is with it for that price
Yes, but we're not in SC. That's the point. Those guys are getting $1,000 for Gen 4 Glocks because, in my travels throughout MA, NO one else is selling them.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #22

Yes that is expensive

Old 08-17-2013, 12:10 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2925 Times on 1721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyArms View Post

Mountainman and all others here:

I don't want to take any traffic away from this forum but for the sake of brevity I am posting this link to what I posted on NorthEastShooters.com. Please let me know if you think it would be better that I start an new thread here.

Regards,
Alex
Absolutely start a thread here. The more avenues of access the better. Build all the support you can. I'm tired of the bs but nobody is willing to pursue anything in this state.
The sale of Glocks is a perfect example of what needs to be fixed here. They are on the approved roster and used by Leo's. Yet their sale is denied under the guise of a non existent primary list that the ag creates but never produces. If an atf agent requests the list they will be denied. It is ridiculous.

Old 08-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #24

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidknine

Yes, but we're not in SC. That's the point. Those guys are getting $1,000 for Gen 4 Glocks because, in my travels throughout MA, NO one else is selling them.
All you have to do is search online you will find a Gen 4 that will ship to you for near that price. Just do your research before you buy!

Old 08-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
All you have to do is search online you will find a Gen 4 that will ship to you for near that price. Just do your research before you buy!
Do you mean search online classifieds or out of state gun dealers? Because with the latter you still a need a MA ffl to accept the transfer. Just as most won't/can't sell new Glocks, they won't accept the transfers either. The above mentioned dealer claims they get their new Glocks from LEOs, as trade-ins or however they do it. Thus they can then sell them to civilians as used/new firearms.
Other than a person to person sale, I don't know of how else to obtain a new Glock. I don't see them in other stores. Thus the high premium over there.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidknine View Post

Do you mean search online classifieds or out of state gun dealers? Because with the latter you still a need a MA ffl to accept the transfer. Just as most won't/can't sell new Glocks, they won't accept the transfers either. The above mentioned dealer claims they get their new Glocks from LEOs, as trade-ins or however they do it. Thus they can then sell them to civilians as used/new firearms.
Other than a person to person sale, I don't know of how else to obtain a new Glock. I don't see them in other stores. Thus the high premium over there.
Their full of sh!t. It doesn't matter who previously owned it. A non compliant firearm is still non compliant if it is used. The laws apply to all FFL sales. Nowhere does it say an FFL can sell whatever the Hell they want as long as it is used. Tell them to grow a pair and sell the damn things at a reasonable price or I'll find out who they are and report them the the northeast manager for glock. I've had it with this bull****!

Old 08-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #27

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidknine

Yeah stores like buds gun shop. And what mountain man said

Old 08-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #28

Default Constitutional Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Absolutely start a thread here. The more avenues of access the better. Build all the support you can. I'm tired of the bs but nobody is willing to pursue anything in this state.
The sale of Glocks is a perfect example of what needs to be fixed here. They are on the approved roster and used by Leo's. Yet their sale is denied under the guise of a non existent primary list that the ag creates but never produces. If an atf agent requests the list they will be denied. It is ridiculous.
Mountainman,

Are you an FFL? I can't say much now as I am working with a state firearms organization and a national firearms organization re setting up a constitutional challenge on an issue that will affect the subject of this discussion. If you are an FFL please contact me. Send me an e-mail at: libertyarms1@gmail.com.

Regards,
Alex

Old 08-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Yeah stores like buds gun shop. And what mountain man said
What are you guys talking about? If you're stating in one breath that they are circumventing the rules and "a non-compliant sale is a non-compliant sale" how can you then claim they ought to be selling new Glocks cheaper? Obviously I wish they were selling them cheaper but the point is that they're gouging for a reason- supply and demand. I don't know anywhere else to get one.
What do you mean I can get one at "places like Buds gun shop"?? That's in KY! Tell me the MA ffl that's going to accept the transfer from Bud's for me to buy a Gen 4 Glock?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidknine View Post

What are you guys talking about? If you're stating in one breath that they are circumventing the rules and "a non-compliant sale is a non-compliant sale" how can you then claim they ought to be selling new Glocks cheaper? Obviously I wish they were selling them cheaper but the point is that they're gouging for a reason- supply and demand. I don't know anywhere else to get one.
What do you mean I can get one at "places like Buds gun shop"?? That's in KY! Tell me the MA ffl that's going to accept the transfer from Bud's for me to buy a Gen 4 Glock?
You should be confused and aggravated. Glocks are perfectly legal to sell in Massachusetts. 95% of ffls won't sell them for fear of the ag. If this FFL has Leo's purchasing guns at the discounted rate and they are then flipping them with a 200% markup they aren't just screwing you, they are screwing glock and should be cut off anyway. Your best bet for getting a glock at a reasonable price in this state is through private sale. Check the forums in the area. Before I was in a shop I purchased a glock 20 from a guy off of northeast shooters for $600.
BTW you're right. You can't purchase out of state without a transfer.

Last edited by mountainman13; 08-18-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Davidknine Likes This