glock 19 carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > glock 19 carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateguy28
hello all. i will finally be concealed carrying in about a month(damn philadelphia ccw permit is a PITA!) i have heard nothing but good things about the glock 19 and am highly considering making it my weapon of choice for now. i have experience with several types of handguns (sig sp2022, beretta 92fs, sig p238) i love sigs. the p238 i am making my BUG. my question is: since i am new to the realm of carrying, what would be the most appropriate/comfortable way to carry a glock 19 concealed in your opinion? i am 5'8, 130 lbs. i am very lean (i am very active with tennis, running). i live in philadelphia with my gf. i work night shifts at a hospital (i cant carry in the hospital as an employee). thanks for any and all input!
With as small as you are.. You honestly might have a hard time concealing a G19. I'm 6ft and 160lbs and found that the only place I could carry my G19 was IWB in a crossbreed style holster at 4-5 o'clock. Standing straight my G19 disappeared, but any time I ever bent over or sat down, it was fully exposed. My shirt would always just pull up over the grip exposing it. So unless you're planing in wearing extremely long shirts it will print or accidentally expose often.

My G26 was much better with that.

Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #22

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I carry my Gen4 G19 daily although I, too, work in a gun free zone. I used to use the cheap nylon Blackhawk IWB holsters but coughed up some money for a kydex IWB tuckable holster. I think it is a King Tuk but I can't remember (I'm at work now so I can't check). I wanted kydex for secure and positive holstering. It has a leather backing and has secure metal clips that are adjustable.
I can't carry in the summer with light clothes because it will print easily. The other three seasons are fine with pull overs being perfect for covering everything.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #23

I am also new to the concealed weapons. I am 6'3 about 230. I am thinking about the Glock it was highly recommended by my instructor. He said that the majority of the police officers carry Glocks and has never had any failures. The main thing I am worried about is I have rental property and often work on it myself. I normally wear shirts tucked in. Will the Glock stay in place with a good holster while working or am I going have constantly working its way out. And will I be able to conceal it easy enough. After hearing about crime going up I am thinking of carrying all the time rather just when at my rentals. Any input I would appreciate it. Also anyone what is the opinion of carrying an extra clip/magazine?

Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin
I am also new to the concealed weapons. I am 6'3 about 230. I am thinking about the Glock it was highly recommended by my instructor. He said that the majority of the police officers carry Glocks and has never had any failures. The main thing I am worried about is I have rental property and often work on it myself. I normally wear shirts tucked in. Will the Glock stay in place with a good holster while working or am I going have constantly working its way out. And will I be able to conceal it easy enough. After hearing about crime going up I am thinking of carrying all the time rather just when at my rentals. Any input I would appreciate it. Also anyone what is the opinion of carrying an extra clip/magazine?
If you have a good holster it shouldn't be working it way out of it. Many of those hybrid crossbreed style holsters are tuckable. (Crossbreed, Old Faithful Holsters, Galco...). Many people carry can extra mag. I do. I usually just drop it in my weak hand front pocket. Lots of other people will put it in a Multitool pouch.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #25

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I just watched my son-in-law go thru the same choice for a cc gun. He owns several includeing an older ruger P97 and a g19 but he is build kinda like you . 5-9 and 140lb with a 26" waist and he could not get that glock to come close to hidding. I screwed up and told him if he picked something out I would buy it and a quality holster. So after looking at and shooting a few includeing the g26 he ended up shuffling between a couple pistols both single stack and double stacks.

He went with A KT p11. Smaller and thinner than the g26 at 14oz empty , 10 round cap with a option of a factory 12 round mag or a s&w 59 mag for 15 round capacity as back up. Double action trigger pull is heavier than the glock but still lighter than some out there. He picked a cheap adjustable holster to help find a carry position and so far has no enterest in a better holster. DeSantis sof-tuk. Its adjustable for height and tilt too. He tried a couple of my holsters with a like sized pistol and could not deal with a bigger ,heavier holster designs. He wears his pistol 12 hours plus a day too. Price a whole 18 bucks!! Keeps the spare mag in a old belt carry nylon knife pouch The KT p11's have been around for 17 years now and run well. His seems to shoot what ever is in them mag too. For the cost of the basic glock, 500 dollars around here, he has a high cap pistol and holster and a 500 rounds of practice ammo and 150 rounds of carry ammo.

Last edited by hardluk1; 11-19-2012 at 12:14 PM.