Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock 18

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Who cares HOW he got the gun? You guys Internet cops or somehting? He has a gun and asked a simple question to anyone that had an answer...which was none of you.

Geeze, and I thought I was elitist. Not a great way to welcome new members, folks.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #12

What happend to all you thick skinned ****ers around here??????????????????????????????

Quit pissing and moaning. It was all in fun

Besides maybe if he had explained how he came across one all of us wouldn't have thought BULL****

Old 12-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
Besides maybe if he had explained how he came across one all of us wouldn't have thought BULL****
Why must he explain to anyone? The reason half of you cried foul is due to ignorance in thinking there wasn't a Glock 18. Methinks you have forgotten what the Internet is really for.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #14

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider6 View Post
I just purchased a Glock 18, I know there are not alot of them out there, so has anyone had any problems with this weapon? If you own one...

Thanx
Ok Mr Ineff sir, just look at their original first post. To legally buy a Glock 18 would cost serious $$$ - and there are not many available. So we're supposed to believe that this poster located one, spent mucho dinero to acquire it, and then wants to know if there are any problems they should be aware of?

As far as how they got this gun, I don't think we ever want our membership to condone or even tacitly approve of illegal acts. This is a regulated weapon so of course many of us want the rank & file to understand that.

I was the first to raise the BS flag and I'll be happy to apologize if I'm proven wrong...

Last edited by NGIB; 12-16-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:11 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Ok Mr Ineff sir, just look at their original first post. To legally buy a Glock 18 would cost serious $$$ - and there are not many available. So we're supposed to believe that this poster located one, spent mucho dinero to acquire it, and then wants to know if there are any problems they should be aware of?

As far as how they got this gun, I don't think we ever want our membership to condone or even tacitly approve of illegal acts. This is a regulated weapon so of course many of us want the rank & file to understand that.

I was the first to raise the BS flag and I'll be happy to apologize if I'm proven wrong...
Why, exactly, would you make all of these assumptions? He could have got it off craigslist. Maybe he's a retired LEO and it was a retirement gift. There is nothing in his post that implies that it was obtained illegally. In fact your first reply suggests that you didn't even believe they existed.

There was nothing wrong with, or suspicious about this post. It was innocuous at best. Are we now to assume that anyone with firearms is a criminal or that they were obtained illegally?

If he was trying to sell this gun, there would be a red flag, but pure ownership shouldn't evoke suspicion. It is frankly none of our business how or why someone has a firearm. Especially a modified Glock 17. Geeze. If he was trying to unload an RPG in our classified section, I'd be concerned. Not this.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #16

Ineff, sir I know there is a glock 18. I have just not known anyone to actually own one. I have been around alot of LE and military and guys who just have a ton of guns. Nobody I know has one.

Also I know there is a millenium falcon but once again I don't know anyone who owns one

Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveguns View Post
Ineff, sir I know there is a glock 18. I have just not known anyone to actually own one. I have been around alot of LE and military and guys who just have a ton of guns. Nobody I know has one.

Also I know there is a millenium falcon but once again I don't know anyone who owns one
I am former LE and I've never heard of it. I just used this here Internet thang and discovered it has other purposes than me being all smarmy to Internet commandos.

I also know there is a Millenium Falcon. That effer made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs...

Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 PM   #18

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider6 View Post
Thanx for all the comments, even the smartass ones. First of all I'm a collector and I have a permit to have it, there are several in the US. I know of about 20 of them and there owners.
I was just asking if anyone here was an owner and if they have ever had any problems with it, so if you do your homework you will find that you too can own one.
Again thanx for your help, I'll just move on to another forum.
Ok, I knew of the Glock 18 and full auto selector mainly because I saw Gunny showcase one and the hot competition shooter sponsored by Glock.

I offer this, the poster said he knows of 20 and their owners. Why come here and ask if anyone has one and had problems if he knows 20 of them? This does not address the issue of the responses, but it does raise a flag and smell of troll. That is just my uneducated opinion.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Ok, I knew of the Glock 18 and full auto selector mainly because I saw Gunny showcase one and the hot competition shooter sponsored by Glock.

I offer this, the poster said he knows of 20 and their owners. Why come here and ask if anyone has one and had problems if he knows 20 of them? This does not address the issue of the responses, but it does raise a flag and smell of troll. That is just my uneducated opinion.

BINGO ding ding ding. We have a winner. Funny how sometimes someone else has to type my thoughts.

Thanks skull

Also why are we all arguing? Shouldn't the OP defend his own self if he was upset this much? Just sayin

Old 12-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post

+1

My only question was wanting to know "how" he got one knowing that they are almost impossible to get. I meant nothing disrespectful and my post contains nothing that can be construed that way.

BTW... did I ever tell you guys that I am 7'8'' and used to play for the Celtics before coming here and collecting guns ??

Not being a smartass boss man but my point is folks tell you all kinds of things and his just smelled a bit.

The OP took offense way too quickly while not supplying us with any hard proof on how he got his this firearm.

That's all ...

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Closed Thread