Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock 18

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The Glock 18

I just purchased a Glock 18, I know there are not alot of them out there, so has anyone had any problems with this weapon? If you own one...

Thanx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Ah, Ok.

My gigawatt phaser pistol is in the shop right now but when it gets back we can go shooting...

Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Glock 18 is a selective fire variant of the Glock 17, developed at the request of the Austrian counter-terrorist unit EKO Cobra. This machine pistol-class firearm has a lever-type fire-control selector switch, installed on the left side of the slide, in the rear, serrated portion (selector lever in the bottom position – continuous fire, top setting – single fire). The firearm is typically used with an extended 33-round capacity magazine, although other magazines from the Glock will also function, with available capacities of 10, 17, or 19 rounds. Early Glock 18s were ported to reduce muzzle rise during automatic fire. Another compensated variant was also produced, known as the Glock 18C. It has a keyhole opening cut into the forward portion of the slide, not unlike the opening on the Glock long-slide models, although the G18 has a standard-length slide. The keyhole opening provides a venting area to allow the four, progressively-larger (from back to front) compensator cuts machined into the barrel to accomplish their job, which is to afford more control over the rapid-firing machine pistol. The compensator cuts, of varying widths start about halfway back on the top. The rear two cuts are narrow, while the front two cuts are wider. The slide is also hollowed, or dished-out in a rectangular pattern between the rear of the ejection port and the rear sight. The pistol’s rate of fire in fully automatic mode is approx. 1100-1200 rounds/min. Most of the other characteristics are equivalent to the Glock 17, although the slide, frame, and certain fire-control parts of the Glock 18 are not interchangeable with other Glock models

Old 12-15-2009, 03:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palerider6 View Post
I just purchased a Glock 18, I know there are not alot of them out there, so has anyone had any problems with this weapon? If you own one...

Thanx

I'd like to know how you got your hands on a Glock 18 to start with. Thought those were for LE sales only

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 12-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Thanx
The BIG problem is the Federal Pen. I hear it's hell on your social life.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
The BIG problem is the Federal Pen. I hear it's hell on your social life.
Some folks are into prison "entertainment"...

Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #7

Ill tell you what, I will pick you up in my millenium falcon and we can go shoot your GLOCK 18

Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM   #8

Thanx for all the comments, even the smartass ones. First of all I'm a collector and I have a permit to have it, there are several in the US. I know of about 20 of them and there owners.
I was just asking if anyone here was an owner and if they have ever had any problems with it, so if you do your homework you will find that you too can own one.
Again thanx for your help, I'll just move on to another forum.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #9

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Thanx for all the comments, even the smartass ones. First of all I'm a collector and I have a permit to have it, there are several in the US. I know of about 20 of them and there owners.
I was just asking if anyone here was an owner and if they have ever had any problems with it, so if you do your homework you will find that you too can own one.
So you have a class III stamp for it? Hey, don't be so thin skinned, the guys were just pulling your pud. You have to admit that most people, even firearms people, would not know what a Glock 18 was as it's not a regular production piece. Many times we get trolls from people trying to stir up discontent and cause trouble. How about introducing yourself?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #10

Liked 176 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Really. As a collector, what kind of permit do you need to get a G18? Post 86 dealer samples are available--are you a class 3 dealer? AFAIK that's the only way you might have a for real G18. I don't know for sure, but I have heard
that there are less than 5 fully transferable G18's in the NFA registry.

Quite a few little differences between the G18 and G17. I was a bit
surprised to find out that the barrels won't even interchange. I've shot a
post 86 dealers G18---they are a hoot!

Closed Thread