Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 17 at the Range (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-17-range-25621/)

TheOldMan 04-04-2010 11:42 AM

Glock 17 at the Range

1 Attachment(s)
Of all the pistols that I have, few really become what I would call my "favorite" gun to shoot. I enjoy shooting all of them but there are a few that stack up above the others as one that's just fun to shoot. My XD45 is one and now the newest to hit my top ten fun gun list is my G17..

Took this puppy out yesterday for the first time since buying it a couple years back. Now folks have always said: "You either love a Glock or hate a Glock". Well I chose this model because I like full size guns. I've got big hands so the smaller pistols don't really thrill me (although I do have a few)..

After loading up a few magazines with some standard 115gr jacketed ammo, I fired off at my target which was set out at 15yrds. Now I'm not a perfect shot by any sense of the word but I was able to put all rounds in what I would call center mass (target fell off the backboard on the second shot :o).

I know you cannot tell by the attached photo but the shot that's at the top and center was where the bullseye was:) that was the 2nd shot that dropped the target .. What impressed me the most about this pistol was how well it functioned. It was comfortable to shoot with very little felt recoil. Very impressed with this gun.

Jpyle 04-04-2010 02:23 PM

Nice shooting...that's one dead pizza. :D

glock2740 04-08-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 263969)
Nice shooting...that's one dead pizza. :D

Maybe he wanted Swiss cheese?:D

glockrookie 04-08-2010 05:31 AM

Nice shooting OLDMAN. I shot my brand new 17 today as well. It was the first time shooting it. Man I love this gun, I guess im one of those.One of my buddys flat refused to shoot it. He's a Sig snob. Said if he shot it the Sig gods would never forgive him. Anyway glad you liked your 17 have fun stay safe, later.

glock2740 04-08-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockrookie (Post 266518)
Nice shooting OLDMAN. I shot my brand new 17 today as well. It was the first time shooting it. Man I love this gun, I guess im one of those.One of my buddys flat refused to shoot it. He's a Sig snob. Said if he shot it the Sig gods would never forgive him. Anyway glad you liked your 17 have fun stay safe, later.

The reason your friend is afraid to shoot it, is because he fears he'll end up wanting to sell his Sig and join the dark side :D

Jo da Plumbr 04-08-2010 02:16 PM

I realize some folks don't like Pizza Hut...
But there is no need for violence.

:eek::eek::eek:

glock2740 04-08-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 263929)
Of all the pistols that I have, few really become what I would call my "favorite" gun to shoot. I enjoy shooting all of them but there are a few that stack up above the others as one that's just fun to shoot. My XD45 is one and now the newest to hit my top ten fun gun list is my G17..

Took this puppy out yesterday for the first time since buying it a couple years back. Now folks have always said: "You either love a Glock or hate a Glock". Well I chose this model because I like full size guns. I've got big hands so the smaller pistols don't really thrill me (although I do have a few)..

After loading up a few magazines with some standard 115gr jacketed ammo, I fired off at my target which was set out at 15yrds. Now I'm not a perfect shot by any sense of the word but I was able to put all rounds in what I would call center mass (target fell off the backboard on the second shot :o).

I know you cannot tell by the attached photo but the shot that's at the top and center was where the bullseye was:) that was the 2nd shot that dropped the target .. What impressed me the most about this pistol was how well it functioned. It was comfortable to shoot with very little felt recoil. Very impressed with this gun.

Looks like you kept all 15 shots inside a 5"x7.25" area, offhand at 15 yards, your first time out of the gate with a new to you gun. That works plenty well for SD. ;)

CA357 04-08-2010 04:58 PM

Good shooting. Glad you like the pistol.