Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 17 Magazine (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-17-magazine-81602/)

jcd390 01-17-2013 01:10 PM

Glock 17 Magazine

Okay guys I was finally able to pickup a new Glock 17 from my LGS however it came with three 10 round magazines instead of the 17 round magazines. I am planning to purchase some of the 17 round magazines online and wanted to know you experience/opinions about the Korean and KCI made magazines. Should I stay away from them and spend an arm and a leg for a Glock Factory magazine or purchase whatever I can find? Thanks in advance!

FYI, I live in Louisiana so no worrys about "high capicity" magazines.:)

Fathead00 01-17-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcd390
Okay guys I was finally able to pickup a new Glock 17 from my LGS however it came with three 10 round magazines instead of the 17 round magazines. I am planning to purchase some of the 17 round magazines online and wanted to know you experience/opinions about the Korean and KCI made magazines. Should I stay away from them and spend an arm and a leg for a Glock Factory magazine or purchase whatever I can find? Thanks in advance!

FYI, I live in Louisiana so no worrys about "high capicity" magazines.:)

The Kci mags I bought from my LGS seem bigger then the factory mag. When you hit the mag release you have to pull them out. They do not slide out even an half inch. I have not tried them at the range yet.:(. Maybe that's why they were only $6.50 each. I did check some reviews afterwards and one guy said they worked great except for the mag release problem!!!

fupuk 01-18-2013 08:12 AM

I bought two KCI 33 round magazines at a gun show around me for like $25 and they are the only magazines that have made my Glock 17 jam. With factory magazines never had an issue. But if they are just for the range they will be fine. But I wouldnt have my life depend on the KCI magazines. But thats just me, they might work great for you. I will stick to factory magazines while I carry that firearm.

Fathead00 01-18-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fupuk
I bought two KCI 33 round magazines at a gun show around me for like $25 and they are the only magazines that have made my Glock 17 jam. With factory magazines never had an issue. But if they are just for the range they will be fine. But I wouldnt have my life depend on the KCI magazines. But thats just me, they might work great for you. I will stick to factory magazines while I carry that firearm.

That's what I'm going to use mine for is range mags.

jcd390 01-18-2013 02:16 PM

Good to know, I have been trying to find the factory 17 round magazine but like everything else they want an arm and a leg for them. Any suggestions on where I could find some?

Fathead00 01-18-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcd390
Good to know, I have been trying to find the factory 17 round magazine but like everything else they want an arm and a leg for them. Any suggestions on where I could find some?

Try the Glockstore or RockyourGlock sites might have them.

mwardo23 01-18-2013 07:04 PM

I bought 2 of these, aftermarket, magazines a couple months ago for my g17. I've used them at the range a few times without a problem. I still wouldn't carry them but worth the $12 I spent on them tho