Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 17 gen 1 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-17-gen-1-a-74119/)

jcooley6960 10-11-2012 07:43 AM

Glock 17 gen 1

2 Attachment(s)
Any collectors out there know how much one of these would be worth? Is there any collector value to it?

Mason609 10-11-2012 08:11 AM

Probably no more than any other used Glock.

However, it's only a quarter century old, and they really haven't changed the design... maybe in another 25-50 years....

sparky80 10-11-2012 11:31 AM

It's worth what someone will pay for it. They don't come around for sale that much so if you find someone who really wants it you may get a good price for it. Put it on gunbroker. Seems to be no shortage of fools willing to part with their money there.

cotex 11-22-2012 12:14 AM

I wouldn't sell It as it is one of the most important pieces of gun history. It made all gun company's look and stride to become better and innovate.

willfully armed 11-22-2012 01:12 AM

Eh.

Its really only worth $275-$350.

There were numerous upgrades and improvements made to the platform.

KG7IL 11-25-2012 08:30 PM

For those that want a Gen 1, it is a great gun.
No metal plate with the S/N, smooth front/back straps?

I don't want one. But if I collected them, sure.

Decent pics and Gen 1 in the title may get you a few bucks.

Some one thinks $799.95 is a good starting point.

Glock 17 Gen 1 in 9MM ALL NEW IN BOX UNFIRED 1 0 $799.95 6d 5h +
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=318617052

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunBroker.com;
Description for Item # 318617052
This Glock 17 is a Gen 1 with serial # AX052 and pretty early. It comes with all it came with when new and is unfired. Notice the factory grease and the black colored trigger parts. It is totally unmolested and all original. For all you doubters, all the numbers match just as a factory pistol. The only marks are on the outside of the factory original tupperware. If you send a personal check it will take two weeks to clear. Though USPS M/O do clear in a week. Payment must be made out to an individual so ID can be presented to redeem the funds. We only ship out items once during the M-F work week. Listed shipping is to the lower 48, But NO CA SHIPMENTS...NO EXCEPTIONS. Local P/U's cost $20 plus sales tax. It is the buyers responsibility to provide a clear signed FFL for me to ship to. I make no calls or other correspondence to facilitate that process. Any forms, applications, or other such nonsense from your dealer of choice will not be filled out by me or my FFL dealer doing my shipping. Since ATF won't accept FFL's with partial or blacked out digits, I won't accept those either. We don't send out blind shipments ever and always include a clear address of origin both inside and outside the box. Plus the dealer doing my shipping adds his FFL copy for your dealers records. Any of that information can be emailed too provided your dealer is out of the dark ages and accepts emails with attachments. If you change your mind after winning the bidding, you will be charged 5% of the auction price to recoup the listing charges. I do not have voice mail so email is the best way to reach me. I do send out after auction emails usually within 24 hours of an auction's end, and answer email 6 times a day. So non paying bidders are reported after 8 days including weekends and holidays...no excuses.

bostonscottkelly 11-25-2012 11:45 PM

I live in mass where the only glocks produced before '98 can be purchased which really drives the price up.....essentially gen 1 & gen 2. I was lucky enough to find a g21 unfired in the box a few months back for $475 which is a steal....that g17 would sell for $650 - $700 easy in Massachusetts though

KG7IL 11-26-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonscottkelly (Post 1027017)
I live in mass where the only glocks produced before '98 can be purchased which really drives the price up.....essentially gen 1 & gen 2. I was lucky enough to find a g21 unfired in the box a few months back for $475 which is a steal....that g17 would sell for $650 - $700 easy in Massachusetts though

Holy Cow. I got that junker G17-Gen2 just kickin' around and it could be worth money? $700 bucks would buy me a real gun.