Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gen2 glock 19. Did i get a good deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Gen2 glock 19. Did i get a good deal?

So I'm hoping for some advice from the glock community. I just joined the family with my gen2 g19 and it's in like new condition. All serial numbers match. Virtually no wear on the whole gun. This thing is a beauty. I traded a service size xD .40 and 25 cash for it. Was this a good deal? Here's a pic of her

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I would say yes you cant go wrong with this gun i got new gen3 for 509.00 for my wife for christmas can't go wrong with glock

Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #3

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

As for whether it was a good deal XD vs. Glock I couldn't say without inspecting both guns but the G19 is a great pistol. I have a G23 which is the same size and pretty much perfect for most applications. It's hard to go wrong with the G19/G23.

As far as trading 40S&W for 9mm, that's your call. There are advantages to either caliber

As far as Gen 2, nothing wrong with that either. I have a G22 that's Gen 2 and no problems at all. You don't get a light rail and finger grooves but that's about it compared to later Gens.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #4

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think the trade was a decent one,although i dont think the $25 cash was warranted..just my .02

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I should have added that I bought my Xd privately for $325 and the slide was worn from the start and 3 1/2 months of daily carry made it worse. It looked pretty rough. Thats what the fellow wanted the $25 for, I guess so he felt like he was getting his moneys worth. I just wanted an unbiased opinion because a buddy of mine (who likes to think hes a firearm expert, which he definitly isn't) seemed to think I was coming out on the bottom. The way I see it is I paid about $350 for a glock that I've seen go for $450.

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #6

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 691

$350 for a G19 in excellent condition is a good deal because you often see police trade-in Glocks for $350 that are in excellent mechanical condition but usually have a lot of holster wear. The police Glocks often have night sights though, but all in all you did all right.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.