Gen 5? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Gen 5?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I have the G36 and G32 both 3rd gen. Only thing they needs is to maybe be in RTF 3. IMO there was no need for a 4th gen.

Glock is now at the point they are just re-inventing the wheel. Gen. 3 was perfect in all ways. The only real thing they could do if offer more single stack models other than my beloved G36. People would jump off building to get a Glock single stack 9mm (why idk, 9mm sucks) but they would

Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 AM   #12

Personally, I think the glock gen 4 is about as good as it can be for a stock weapon. The bore axis is about as low as it can be to mitigate recoil coupled with a double recoil spring system so felt recoil is minimized. It has a more narrow grip than the prior glocks so it's comfortably handled by people without bear paws for hands. The sights are easily fixed if the stock sights aren't doing it for you. As for the safety, I believe the trigger safety and the shooters finger is plenty. Too many safeties on a weapon system can cause for confusion in time of high stress, though the grip safety doesn't serve much of a purpose in my eyes. The XD-m on the other hand has a high bore axis which increases felt recoil. Also, the trigger pull is longer, it has unnecessary safeties and is ugly as hell lol

Old 08-04-2011, 03:07 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No such thing as "unnecessary safety" when dealing with the lack of intellect displayed by the majority of the population.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 08-04-2011, 03:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadeuce
No such thing as "unnecessary safety" when dealing with the lack of intellect displayed by the majority of the population.
Good point. I guess thats who springfield made the XD for.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:23 PM   #15

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recomm View Post
Copy the xd-m in what way?
The grip angle...I'm not flaming Glock's here, they have a great reputation, it's just that for those of us who grew up pre-glock, Gaston's grip and is too steep.

TACK

Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

The grip angle...I'm not flaming Glock's here, they have a great reputation, it's just that for those of us who grew up pre-glock, Gaston's grip and is too steep.

TACK
I understand that completely as I shot nothing but 1911's prior to my first encounter with a Glock. The steep grip angle was engineered for recoil mitigation which allows for quicker target acquisition for follow on shots. That coupled with the low bore axis and double recoil spring on the gen 4 models shows that Gaston is putting serious thought and energy into a solid combat service pistol.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #17

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recomm View Post
I understand that completely as I shot nothing but 1911's prior to my first encounter with a Glock. The steep grip angle was engineered for recoil mitigation which allows for quicker target acquisition for follow on shots. That coupled with the low bore axis and double recoil spring on the gen 4 models shows that Gaston is putting serious thought and energy into a solid combat service pistol.
Yes, I'm aware Gaston's grip angle was an intentional "recoil mitigation" design feature. The real effect is that the shooter is forced to angle there grip down to achieve a level sight plain. This works great on paper where there is no stress of bullets coming back at you. In the real world, bullets do come back at you and few people have the ability to stay focused on the front sight. Most in fact, tunnel vision on the target forgetting entirely about there sights. I think this accounts for LEO hit ratios dropping radically upon mass adoption of the Glock.

TACK

Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

Yes, I'm aware Gaston's grip angle was an intentional "recoil mitigation" design feature. The real effect is that the shooter is forced to angle there grip down to achieve a level sight plain. This works great on paper where there is no stress of bullets coming back at you. In the real world, bullets do come back at you and few people have the ability to stay focused on the front sight. Most in fact, tunnel vision on the target forgetting entirely about there sights. I think this accounts for LEO hit ratios dropping radically upon mass adoption of the Glock.

TACK
Yes it does force an angled grip which locks your wrists into a better support position which would actually be better for any shooter, in my opinion. With that said I'm not sure how a decrease in grip angle would allow for better accuracy under fire. I would say that any transition to a new weapon system requires a lot of training to get used to it which might account for dropped LEO ratios. For those who have not experienced the bullets coming back, I would say that tunnel vision is a mindset and lack of training issue over anything else. There is a reason the Department of State contractors are issued them to protect our nation's leaders.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #19

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I think this accounts for LEO hit ratios dropping radically upon mass adoption of the Glock.

TACK
Please document this statement, I find dificult to believe that even with your alleged "hit ratios dropping radically" agencies around the globe are adopting Glocks, it just doesn't make sense.
Seems to me you have a hidden agenda with those blanket statements, you may like or not the Glock as many others do or don't, but misinformation will get you nowhere.

“If you're gonna die, die with your boots on!”— Iron Maiden

“MOLON LABE”— King Leonidas

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’”— Col. Jeff Cooper

Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy

Please document this statement, I find dificult to believe that even with your alleged "hit ratios dropping radically" agencies around the globe are adopting Glocks, it just doesn't make sense.
Seems to me you have a hidden agenda with those blanket statements, you may like or not the Glock as many others do or don't, but misinformation will get you nowhere.
I happen to work for one of those agencies in high threat security overseas, my friend. The department of state contracts companies overseas to provide security for US personnel. Every one of those contractors has extensive combat experience and carries a glock 19 as a side arm and does so as a consensus by the contracting agencies because the glock is the ak-47 of handguns. It can be beaten up, thrown in mud and still fire flawlessly. The engineering is cutting edge because it actually tailors to a professional shooter and that's how they gauge how the weapon is built. Perhaps you didn't read the part of my statement when I said the reason for drop ratios can be attributed to lack of experience with a new weapon system of any kind, not just the glock. This clearly shows in your lack of ability to accept newer weapon systems because you are pre-glock. Perhaps a hi point and an m14 would best suite your needs as technological advancement doesn't seem to be your fortay.

Newest Threads