Gen 4 Questions
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Gen 4 Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Gen 4 Questions

So I have been doing research during my deployment to decide what my next handgun purchase is going to be, and I have narrowed it down to the XDM 3.8 45ACP and the Glock 30. I was looking on Glock's website and noticed that they have not yet release a Gen 4 Glock 30. I'm a left handed shooter so being able to switch the mag release to the other side is definatly a plus. Has anyone seen or heard any possibility of Glock making the 30 in Gen 4? Also with the SF model can you use the normal 30/21 mags or can you only use the SF mags? Thanks in advance for the responses.
NRA Member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 52 Posts

I own a G30 and the full size XDm and like them both. I used to carry the G30 but I prefer a smaller grip and switched to a 4g G19. The older G17 and G19 mags fit it as long as I have the right hand mag release. If you get a 4G version and go lefty, you will have to use the newer mags.
I would guess they will eventually change the G30 to 4g but no idea when. The G30 is a great carry gun and 10 rds of 45 in that small of a package is nice.
The XDm actually replaced a G21 that was jazzed up by Wilson Combat. I like the thinner grip of the XDm even though it is longer. Accuracy was the same over the hand fitted Wilson G21 which is impressive.