Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Gen 4 Problems (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/gen-4-problems-83941/)

Don_Mega 02-11-2013 07:01 AM

Gen 4 Problems

Is it true for Glock 17 and 19 Gen 4's have some flaws? I've heard one problem with ejection of shells hitting people in the face. Are there any other issues and have they been corrected?

danolator 02-11-2013 08:19 AM

Never heard of or experienced an ejection issue with a Gen 4. Wish I could say the same about M&P.

cvia 02-11-2013 12:32 PM

I heard of this problem. They had a 40 cal spring in the 9mm but it was to stiff. It was changed for a weaker recoil spring. I have heard that there were still some issues with weaker cheap ammo until it was broken in. If you look or call Glock they will tell you that 115 grain ammo is to weak. They designed it for 124grain. That's why people get casings in the face. So I've heard hope it helps.

Vincine 02-11-2013 02:03 PM

My G19 gen 4 tosses shells to my face more often than I would like. Somewhere on here, somebody posted that the first Glock 19 gen 4 ejectors, which are marked '336', caused shells to be tossed back face. Glock now has different ejectors in the later pistiols. The poster had his ejector changed and no longer has the problem. I just sent mine to Glock to have the ejector changed. I'll let youse know if it solves the problem after I get it back. I would post a link to the post, but I can't find it. He had a couple of nice photos of the different ejectors in the post too.

Ruger_Nut 02-11-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Mega (Post 1133098)
Is it true for Glock 17 and 19 Gen 4's have some flaws? I've heard one problem with ejection of shells hitting people in the face. Are there any other issues and have they been corrected?

The only issue I heard was springs breaking.

cvia 02-11-2013 10:34 PM

Look up hickcock45 on YouTube about the gen 4 you talks about it and shows you the one he has.

Don_Mega 02-12-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut

The only issue I heard was springs breaking.

I heard the same thing, isn't there a tungsten replacement to fix that problem?

Don_Mega 02-12-2013 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvia
Look up hickcock45 on YouTube about the gen 4 you talks about it and shows you the one he has.

I have seen that one. His reviews are great

Virginia58 02-12-2013 05:11 AM

My son purchased an early G30 Gen 4 and had numerous problems with it. Erratic ejection (including in your face), feed issues and and sight issues. Apparently, his had QC issues beyond the more commonly heard ejection.

Sent it back to Glock and they sent him a completely new firearm. New serial number so he had to do the FFL paperwork over again, but the second G30 had no issues. He got an extra couple of mags and a sorry.

Byron0022 02-12-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia58
My son purchased an early G30 Gen 4 and had numerous problems with it. Erratic ejection (including in your face), feed issues and and sight issues. Apparently, his had QC issues beyond the more commonly heard ejection.

Sent it back to Glock and they sent him a completely new firearm. New serial number so he had to do the FFL paperwork over again, but the second G30 had no issues. He got an extra couple of mags and a sorry.

Extra mags? Can't beat that with a stick.