Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > gen 4 g22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default gen 4 g22

anyone have a range report for this gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #2

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Bought mine in 2009. I take it to the range every time I go as it is my hd and alternate carry piece. I have not experienced any malfunctions in all my range time (4000+ rounds). This was an early gen 4 and has been a dream to shoot. I've shot everything from expensive hp`s to tula with fantastic results (no surprise). I've purchased several pistols after the g22 but still find myself enjoying shooting this as much as the others.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I have a gen 3 C model. I love it and shoot it all the time. Have roughly 2.5K through it without a single hiccup.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hello, i am new to the site and a novice gun owner of a Rueger sr9.

I hope someone can help me as i am contemplating the purchase of a Glock 22 Gen4 in a small gun shop.
The owner said the gun has been recently been purchased and returned. I am not sure why it was returned but after handling the gun i am really serious on pulling the trigger on the purchase. He is asking 499$ for it. I had him open up the gun and there was still the red greece from the manufacturer in it. which tells me the prior owner only shot it once and returned it.

I really want to purchase it today and i feel he may sell it bc Semiautos are scarce in NJ. (which is were i reside). He stressed that he may not have it as the guns are litterly flying off the shelf.

If anyone can give me any feed back on issues with the spring or any other issues that they may know of i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

my guess is someone is sensitive to muzzle blast, the reports i get from glocktalk are good i've been on another site where they claim trouble , i would go for it cause glock will back it, if your close to where they have a gssf match the armorer would look at it for free if your a member.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #6

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Close friend bought one a month ago and i have had a go with, it is awesome but imo i would rather have the gen 3

Old 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugger164 View Post
Hello, i am new to the site and a novice gun owner of a Rueger sr9.

I hope someone can help me as i am contemplating the purchase of a Glock 22 Gen4 in a small gun shop.
The owner said the gun has been recently been purchased and returned. I am not sure why it was returned but after handling the gun i am really serious on pulling the trigger on the purchase. He is asking 499$ for it. I had him open up the gun and there was still the red greece from the manufacturer in it. which tells me the prior owner only shot it once and returned it.

I really want to purchase it today and i feel he may sell it bc Semiautos are scarce in NJ. (which is were i reside). He stressed that he may not have it as the guns are litterly flying off the shelf.

If anyone can give me any feed back on issues with the spring or any other issues that they may know of i would greatly appreciate it.
I have not had any spring issues in my g22. Glock sent me a new captured guide spring rod assembly at no charge. When I requested the new spring assembly I had already shot more than 1000 rounds. I felt confident that the original gen 4 guide spring assembly was reliable and never had a problem. Glock informed me that most of the issues with gen 4 came from the glock 19 and in some cases the 17. Despite the initial issues, I'd highly recommend a gen 4 glock in any flavor.