Gen 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Gen 4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gen 4

Too much recoil and snap back on the G-22 .40 caliber. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Other than that...I love my GLOCK!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Click,

If you have been use to shooting other calibers that may be the issue with you feeling a little uncomfortable with the recoil of the 40 Cal. They seem to have a quicker and sharper recoil. And then your selection of ammunition can have a lot to do with it. I found the 165 gr. Federal Hydra-Shock for example seemingly having a sharper recoil than that of the 180 gr.Federal Hydra Shock. And certainly defense loads are hotter than normal loads as a rule. So selection of ammunition to make it more comfortably for you. In addition assurance of the proper grip seems to be important to manage recoil. Be sure to hold high on the Pistol Grip when firing the pistol. Another thing you might try is getting one of the Pachmayr Slip on Pistol Grips. I have one on my Glock 40 and they feel and handle excellent! Hope these ideas help with your concern. Enjoy that new pistol!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 645

I carried a Glock 22 through the police academy and on duty for one year. After that I switched to the 21SF because of the more manageable recoil. I personally think the GAP models have better recoil than the other Glocks except for the 9mm of course.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03
Click,

If you have been use to shooting other calibers that may be the issue with you feeling a little uncomfortable with the recoil of the 40 Cal. They seem to have a quicker and sharper recoil. And then your selection of ammunition can have a lot to do with it. I found the 165 gr. Federal Hydra-Shock for example seemingly having a sharper recoil than that of the 180 gr.Federal Hydra Shock. And certainly defense loads are hotter than normal loads as a rule. So selection of ammunition to make it more comfortably for you. In addition assurance of the proper grip seems to be important to manage recoil. Be sure to hold high on the Pistol Grip when firing the pistol. Another thing you might try is getting one of the Pachmayr Slip on Pistol Grips. I have one on my Glock 40 and they feel and handle excellent! Hope these ideas help with your concern. Enjoy that new pistol!

Yes...this did help me with some solutions...I was shooting 180 and 165 grain...but the grip like you said may be the solution. I hold my hand tight up close and still have wrist aches. I may change the spring to a heavier weight and see if that helps any. Other than that, I love it and plan on getting the G-20...but ammo is so expensive...I love toys so the Kel Tech pmr 30 may come first.

Thanks for the info...

Old 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
I carried a Glock 22 through the police academy and on duty for one year. After that I switched to the 21SF because of the more manageable recoil. I personally think the GAP models have better recoil than the other Glocks except for the 9mm of course.
I should have got that one myself...but I live and learn I guess

Thanks..

Old 07-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #6

Liked 1020 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 1016

If your wrist aches shooting the G22 I certainly wouldn't recommend that you buy a G20!

However you can get a $100 40-9mm conversion barrel for your G22 to tame it down.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.