Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Gen 4 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/gen-4-a-68252/)

ClickClickBang 07-15-2012 08:07 AM

Gen 4

Too much recoil and snap back on the G-22 .40 caliber. Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Other than that...I love my GLOCK!!!!

Sniper03 07-15-2012 04:04 PM

Click,

If you have been use to shooting other calibers that may be the issue with you feeling a little uncomfortable with the recoil of the 40 Cal. They seem to have a quicker and sharper recoil. And then your selection of ammunition can have a lot to do with it. I found the 165 gr. Federal Hydra-Shock for example seemingly having a sharper recoil than that of the 180 gr.Federal Hydra Shock. And certainly defense loads are hotter than normal loads as a rule. So selection of ammunition to make it more comfortably for you. In addition assurance of the proper grip seems to be important to manage recoil. Be sure to hold high on the Pistol Grip when firing the pistol. Another thing you might try is getting one of the Pachmayr Slip on Pistol Grips. I have one on my Glock 40 and they feel and handle excellent! Hope these ideas help with your concern. Enjoy that new pistol!:)

Argyle_Armoring 07-15-2012 04:25 PM

I carried a Glock 22 through the police academy and on duty for one year. After that I switched to the 21SF because of the more manageable recoil. I personally think the GAP models have better recoil than the other Glocks except for the 9mm of course.

ClickClickBang 07-15-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper03
Click,

If you have been use to shooting other calibers that may be the issue with you feeling a little uncomfortable with the recoil of the 40 Cal. They seem to have a quicker and sharper recoil. And then your selection of ammunition can have a lot to do with it. I found the 165 gr. Federal Hydra-Shock for example seemingly having a sharper recoil than that of the 180 gr.Federal Hydra Shock. And certainly defense loads are hotter than normal loads as a rule. So selection of ammunition to make it more comfortably for you. In addition assurance of the proper grip seems to be important to manage recoil. Be sure to hold high on the Pistol Grip when firing the pistol. Another thing you might try is getting one of the Pachmayr Slip on Pistol Grips. I have one on my Glock 40 and they feel and handle excellent! Hope these ideas help with your concern. Enjoy that new pistol!:)

Yes...this did help me with some solutions...I was shooting 180 and 165 grain...but the grip like you said may be the solution. I hold my hand tight up close and still have wrist aches. I may change the spring to a heavier weight and see if that helps any. Other than that, I love it and plan on getting the G-20...but ammo is so expensive...I love toys so the Kel Tech pmr 30 may come first.

Thanks for the info...

ClickClickBang 07-15-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
I carried a Glock 22 through the police academy and on duty for one year. After that I switched to the 21SF because of the more manageable recoil. I personally think the GAP models have better recoil than the other Glocks except for the 9mm of course.

I should have got that one myself...but I live and learn I guess

Thanks..

Quentin 07-15-2012 11:07 PM

If your wrist aches shooting the G22 I certainly wouldn't recommend that you buy a G20! :p

However you can get a $100 40-9mm conversion barrel for your G22 to tame it down.